‘Sleeping Beauty’ To Be Banned Because Of Inappropriate Non-Consensual Kiss?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
https://decider.com/2017/12/05/moth...m_source=DeciderTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

It’s not common for a movie from the ’50s to inspire headline-worthy outrage in 2017, but here we are. A mother has called for schools to ban the classic fairy tale Sleeping Beauty due to issues pertaining to “sexual behaviour and consent.” This comes during the ongoing wake of Hollywood’s many ongoing sexual harassment and assault scandals as well as the #MeToo campaign.

According to an interview in the Newcastle Chronicle, this fairy tale outrage is from Sarah Hall from Newcastle. Hall says she was disturbed to see the non-consensual kissing that happens when Prince Phillips kisses an unconscious Princess Aurora on the lips. The mother contacted her son’s primary school and asked for books about the story to be removed from the classroom. She also questioned how relevant this story is in modern times and accused the story of contributing to a toxic sexual environment. Disney‘s 1959 adaptation of Sleeping Beauty also features the non-consensual kiss.

Attachments

• sleeping-beauty.jpg
    sleeping-beauty.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 408

Hijinx

When does this BS go too far and what can we do about it.
This is a great country, but we have an over load of idiots.

The overload wouldn't be so bad if we could just say --This is the opinion of a nut with stripped gears in her transm,ission.
But the problem is we listen to nuts like this.
One fruit cake can get more done than a thousand people with the opposite opinion.

Someone should tell this poor woman to go sh1t in her hat.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Sleeping Beauty story got Bill Cosby in a lot of trouble.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I take issue with the word "inappropriate". I think it was wholly "appropriate" for the Prince to kiss Sleeping Beauty. He lightly kissed her to bring her out of her coma, not to post a selfie on FB showing he took advantage of her.

Besides, the ending clearly states that, 'They Lived Happily Ever After'. It does not say that Sleeping Beauty waited 40 years to file a sexual harassment complaint against Prince Charming.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I take issue with the word "inappropriate". I think it was wholly "appropriate" for the Prince to kiss Sleeping Beauty. He lightly kissed her to bring her out of her coma, not to post a selfie on FB showing he took advantage of her.

Besides, the ending clearly states that, 'They Lived Happily Ever After'. It does not say that Sleeping Beauty waited 40 years to file a sexual harassment complaint against Prince Charming.

That’s a slippery slope… It was a kiss with the first unconscious girl but what happens when he stumbles across the next one? He’ll grow in confidence and his crimes will become more brazen.

Shame on you Prince Charming. :nono:

Toxick

Splat
When does this BS go too far and what can we do about it.

I think it went too far a long time ago.

And, honestly - the only thing that can be done about it ... Open Revolt and Bloodshed.
The only way it ends is with the seas running red with the blood of idiots!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think it went too far a long time ago.

And, honestly - the only thing that can be done about it ... Open Revolt and Bloodshed.
The only way it ends is with the seas running red with the blood of idiots!

Woke up angry this morning, did we?

Toxick

Splat
Woke up angry this morning, did we?

No, I woke up positively giddy with the excitement and anticipation of a brand new day.

Unfortunately like usual, by lunchtime, reality has beaten my soul to a raisin like core bringing out desire to drink the blood of my enemies from their own skull.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, I woke up positively giddy with the excitement and anticipation of a brand new day.

Unfortunately like usual, by lunchtime, reality has beaten my soul to a raisin like core bringing out desire to drink the blood of my enemies from their own skull.

I can relate. My transformation, oddly enough, always seems to coincide with the arrival of the sapmaster's first post of the day.

Toxick

Splat
I can relate. My transformation, oddly enough, always seems to coincide with the arrival of the sapmaster's first post of the day.

Dude - you shouldn't let any one person dictate your mood. Especially an online person who you have (probably) never met.

If I let you ####ers shape my mood, I'd be in an asylum by now.

BOP

Somebody on FB was just saying that there's not enough drinking of blood from enemy skulls anymore.

And pestilence...we haven't had a good pestilence in a coon's age.