What really happens when every kid gets a trophy

Misfit

Lawful neutral
College won’t give them a pass if they don’t show up and neither will the job they have to work once they flunk out.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
College won’t give them a pass if they don’t show up and neither will the job they have to work once they flunk out.

They'll be fine. And it'll teach them to break windows, set fires and block traffic.

GregV814

Mr. Dog, In this day of all acceptance, no judgements, I want to commend your attention to men's crotches and I harbor no opinion of your overt tendencies. Do you share a loft in fashionable Dupont Circle and dine with Kid O'Shea?? Marvey!!!

black dog

Free America
Mr. Dog, In this day of all acceptance, no judgements, I want to commend your attention to men's crotches and I harbor no opinion of your overt tendencies. Do you share a loft in fashionable Dupont Circle and dine with Kid O'Shea?? Marvey!!!

At least I understand how to upload a picture.........
Is your mom Wackadoodie? My avatar bothers her also.
Sorry I don't own anything in Dupont Circle, but I have a rental in Bethesda...
I don't know who Kid O'Shea or who Marvey is, nor do I care.
Do you hang out at The Crucible in DC for Let the Tranny Bang You in the Pillow Biting contest?

transporter

the lot of you don't seem to understand what this is about. It isn't about the kids. It is about money.

Graduate the right percentage of students and keep your accreditation...keep the school's funding...prevent the city/state/feds from taking over the school...get raises.

Passing unworthy students isn't about "every kid getting a trophy"...its about everyone on the staff and in the administration offices getting paid and/or promoted.

Oh...and getting into college is different from enrolling...

The school district won't know how many Ballou graduates enrolled in college overall until May, a spokesperson says. We know of 183 students accepted to the University of the District of Columbia, the local community college. But only 16 enrolled this fall.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Just ignore him. He is not worth your time, or mine. Just another egotistical, knowitall, bashing troll. Also, it is telling when someone is so mean and degrading; it makes you wonder about that person, and how sad and angry they must be. Trust me, I have experienced Mr. Dog. He is a hoot and a half! You are definitely his equal, as far as comebacks. I sucked at that! :lol:

I will say again, welcome back! Hold onto your hat! :smile:

Just to let you know, I was formerly mamatutu.:getdown:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
As far as the topic of this thread, giving trophies to all doesn’t help anyone. Example, Obama got a Nobel peace trophy before he did anything, and never did anything as far as peace. Another example is my hub told me last night that on his Marine forum they were talking about the gauntlet, and how the old timers said how bad they hurt the next day. The newcomers to the Marines were arguing that the gauntlet was abuse, and glad it didn’t exist, anymore. There you have our new world of namby pambies, hypocrites, and cry babies; even in the Marines. Sheesh! I am not bashing the Marines, but times have, certainly, changed.

Do I get a trophy for having two difficult pregnancies, and two c-sections because I am so petite, (being cut open is not fun; just sayin); and then raising them by myself because I picked the wrong husband? I was blessed to have my Marine hub come into my life at the right moment to step up as the step dad. No need for a trophy. All are humble in my house. Just trying to keep on keepin’ on. But, have to say my hub is my hero, forever!

And, we are both sad to witness what is happening to our beloved country. God bless America.

Last edited:

Starman

Just asking the forum consensus. Do y’all think a Marine should demean a fellow Marine just because he is an ultra runner and owns guns? Just wondering.

It's a web forum with mostly anonymous users. Chill a bit, this isn't real life.

You should have been around in the USENET days.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It's a web forum with mostly anonymous users. Chill a bit, this isn't real life.

You should have been around in the USENET days.

Ok. I am old (62) and never heard of USENET. This is my one and only social media outlet, ever. Maybe, I outlet, too much! :lol: Thank you for your post. I pegged you wrong. You are, actually, a breath of fresh air. :peace:

terbear1225

the lot of you don't seem to understand what this is about. It isn't about the kids. It is about money.

Graduate the right percentage of students and keep your accreditation...keep the school's funding...prevent the city/state/feds from taking over the school...get raises.

Passing unworthy students isn't about "every kid getting a trophy"...its about everyone on the staff and in the administration offices getting paid and/or promoted.

Oh...and getting into college is different from enrolling...

There is enormous pressure on the classroom teacher to pass every kid. IF a child earns an F it is seen as a failure on the part of the teacher, not the child. "What could you have done to make sure this child got a passing grade?"

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Ballou High - Home of the Fighting Morons

Last year, 9 percent of students there passed the English standardized test. No one passed the math test. The average SAT score last year among Ballou test takers was 782 out of 1600.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is enormous pressure on the classroom teacher to pass every kid. IF a child earns an F it is seen as a failure on the part of the teacher, not the child. "What could you have done to make sure this child got a passing grade?"

Do you reply, "Well, I could kidnap him from his "parents", make sure he actually goes to school, make sure he has food and somewhere to sleep, make him study and do his homework, put him in a drug treatment program..."?

It all sounds well and good for some school to tout their "100% graduation rate" - wow! great! - but then you see what their requirements are for graduation (i.e. have a pulse) and you see that they are in fact leaving a bunch of children behind.