to our friends in Virginia

GregV814

I see the State has imposed a new toll on Route 66 from the western suburbs of the Commonwealth to Washington DC... To relieve traffic and promote funding the State has increased the toll, ONE WAY from western counties to D. C. to.....$10.00 ??? No, $12.00 ?? No way...are you ready for this ?????? $40.00 ONE WAY.....and the Governor of this new implementation???? None other than Terry McAuliff, the one time lapdog, nut licker of William Jefferson CLINTON....Welcome to the Democratic Party Virginians....Have a happy Holiday Season.

glhs837

Power with Control
I see the State has imposed a new toll on Route 66 from the western suburbs of the Commonwealth to Washington DC... To relieve traffic and promote funding the State has increased the toll, ONE WAY from western counties to D. C. to.....$10.00 ??? No, $12.00 ?? No way...are you ready for this ?????? $40.00 ONE WAY.....and the Governor of this new implementation???? None other than Terry McAuliff, the one time lapdog, nut licker of William Jefferson CLINTON....Welcome to the Democratic Party Virginians....Have a happy Holiday Season.

Now lets be fair. Terry the Wonder Governor didn't sign a paper that says, "$40 to DC". Heck, not even sure how much of that the state gets, it's a private public partnership. And the toll is a freeform thing, with the exact amount varies depending on I think how much faster the toll lanes are moving compared to the lanes the poors travel in. So if it's dead stop and the StoneCutters express lanes are moving at 70, the toll is higher.

Starman

It was a classic Tragedy of the Commons.

Rt 66 started out as HOV 4 then reduced to 3 and most recently to 2. It has always been illegal to drive single passenger on that stretch during rush hour. HOV violations were rampant. Now there is a legal way to do it.

I fail to see a problem here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Show me what democracy looks like!

This is what democracy looks like!

:lol:

So what's the deal? They increased the toll on 66 to $40? And there's still a method to travel that you don't have to pay a toll? I'm trying to remember 66 - that's the road out to Dulles, right?

Starman

:lol:

So what's the deal? They increased the toll on 66 to $40? And there's still a method to travel that you don't have to pay a toll? I'm trying to remember 66 - that's the road out to Dulles, right?

That’s different. The stretch in question is inside the beltway.

The only ones complaining are the ones who were previously single rider scofflaws.

officeguy

The people complaining about a $40 toll today were not allowed to use that stretch of I66 last week.

BOP

I know it's not the same road, but I always think of the song. John Mayer does a version of it, for all you youngsters who are allergic to any music older than the '90s.