Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offshore wind power is a pretty big deal

Offshore wind power is a pretty big deal

Some whopping numbers...with the US soon to join.

Europe dominated the global offshore wind energy market in 2016. Countries such as the UK, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, and Sweden among others are leading players in Europe offshore wind energy market.

Asia Pacific came in second, after Europe, in terms of offshore wind energy cumulative installed capacity. China is the leading player in Asia Pacific offshore wind energy market, and that market is expected to grow at the fastest rate across the globe. Japan, South Korea, and India among others are expected to further boost the market during the forecast period,
    The U.S. is also expected to witness numerous offshore wind energy projects during the forecast period.
    https://www.offshorewind.biz/2017/12...2-06&uid=69352
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

It will be interesting to see why the two companies mentioned refused to purchase electricity from the turbines.

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/indus...sletter-120617
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    It will be interesting to see why the two companies mentioned refused to purchase electricity from the turbines.

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/indus...sletter-120617
    Cancelling contracts for a commodity that was never produced is not the same as "refusing to buy"..

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Cancelling contracts for a commodity that was never produced is not the same as "refusing to buy"..
    My sincerest apologies for my poor choice of words.

That aside, it sounds like Eversource and National Grid want to align themselves with the new bigger players.

My sincerest apologies for my poor choice of words.

That aside, it sounds like Eversource and National Grid want to align themselves with the new bigger players.
    Bingo.

And apology accepted. I'll expect an offering to appear in the designated (refrigerated) location.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Bingo.

And apology accepted. I'll expect an offering to appear in the designated (refrigerated) location.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red white blue.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	120759
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red white blue.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	120759
    That would be an upgrade over what he drinks.

Been watching the news from the Eastern Shore where multiple wind projects are being planned. Lots and lots of resistance from Ocean City and tourist beaches who absolutely do not want to see them on the horizon. Enough that it's stalled plans. Supposed to be about 20 miles offshore. Seems to me when I lived on LI, I could not see the water horizon of CT at 22 miles away. Could see tall buildings, tho, so in reality, not much will be seen by folks sitting on the beaches.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Been watching the news from the Eastern Shore where multiple wind projects are being planned. Lots and lots of resistance from Ocean City and tourist beaches who absolutely do not want to see them on the horizon. Enough that it's stalled plans. Supposed to be about 20 miles offshore. Seems to me when I lived on LI, I could not see the water horizon of CT at 22 miles away. Could see tall buildings, tho, so in reality, not much will be seen by folks sitting on the beaches.
    Those MD (0489 and 0490) leases were defined and let out for bid quite some time ago. The recent lease activities farther up (and farther off) the coast all involve the big players from Europe and Scandinavia by comparison. I have to wonder if those original Maryland tracts would ever be used.

The previously leased MD areas are not 20 nm from shore...

https://www.boem.gov/Renewable-Energ...cal-Chart.aspx

That would be an upgrade over what he drinks.
    You went there. I knew you would, too.

Members who have read this thread: 26