Obama Compares Era Of Trump To Hitler's

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Greg Hinz, writing for Crain’s, said Obama spoke in a Q&A session before the Economic Club of Chicago, back in his home town. Hinz wrote that Obama resorted to the usual leftist rhetoric, intoning that the United States has survived tough times before, referencing Joseph McCarthy and former President Richard Nixon. Then he segued to the need for a free press in order to ensure the country’s survival, saying that he had difficulties with the press, as has Trump, but what he himself understood was “the principle that the free press was vital."

Hinz wrote that Obama continued that the danger is "grow(ing) complacent. We have to tend to this garden of democracy or else things could fall apart quickly."

Hinz then reached the crux of the matter:

That's what happened in Germany in the 1930s, which, despite the democracy of the Weimar Republic and centuries of high-level cultural and scientific achievements, Adolph Hitler rose to dominate, Obama noted. "Sixty million people died. . . .So, you've got to pay attention. And vote."

The bald comparison of Trump to Hitler is not surprising coming from the avatar of the Left; the Left has been promulgating the lie that Hitler was to the political Right and not the Left for at least 70 years.

But what is truly ironic is that Obama’s tenure had more than a few similarities to the early phases of Hitler’s Germany. Guess which figure championed universal healthcare, increased taxes on the rich so social welfare programs could stay afloat, and more government oversight of corporations? Which figure’s party wanted to make college more affordable, saying in the party platform that “the state is to be responsible for a fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious [person] to obtain higher education.”

Obama Compares Era Of Trump To Hitler's

transporter

Ah...my morning dose of ignorance to go with my morning coffee....lordy you people are a bunch of illiterate sheep.

So...where is this article does Obama name Trump? Where does he attack the right? Each of you squeal when the rest of the world read and listen to Trump and report back exactly what he said. Each of you scream...no...that's not what he meant. Of course all that hatred and incompetence is what Trump meant. Trump is unqualified on every level to be President.

Obama spoke about the threat to democracy not Democrats. Trump is a threat to Democracy. So let's look at what the other points:

Guess which figure championed universal healthcare
So universal healthcare is an unworthy goal? It is better for millions of avg or poor folk to lose their insurance/go uncovered so that rich people can have a tax cut? Is that the new philosophy of the "moral majority"?

increased taxes on the rich so social welfare programs could stay afloat
Yes...yes...why should the uber wealthy contribute more to a society so that their maids, butlers, and waiters can have a few dollars to live on in retirement (remember that the biggest social programs are Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid)/

more government oversight of corporations
Why would we want that? Had controls kept up with the shadow banking industry maybe we could have avoided the financial crisis? Maybe if we had more mine inspectors, fewer miners would die? Maybe if we had better oversight of the meat packing industry fewer people would buy tainted food? Yes, there is a point where govt regs can be onerous, there is also a wider moat where lack of regulations are dangerous.

wanted to make college more affordable,
OH THGE HORROR! When did this become the antithesis of any avg American's goal?

“the state is to be responsible for a fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious [person] to obtain higher education.”
That is the stated goal of most actual Republicans.

Hijinx

Ah...my morning dose of ignorance to go with my morning coffee....lordy you people are a bunch of illiterate sheep.

So...where is this article does Obama name Trump? Where does he attack the right? Each of you squeal when the rest of the world read and listen to Trump and report back exactly what he said. Each of you scream...no...that's not what he meant. Of course all that hatred and incompetence is what Trump meant. Trump is unqualified on every level to be President.

Obama spoke about the threat to democracy not Democrats. Trump is a threat to Democracy. So let's look at what the other points:

So universal healthcare is an unworthy goal? It is better for millions of avg or poor folk to lose their insurance/go uncovered so that rich people can have a tax cut? Is that the new philosophy of the "moral majority"?

Yes...yes...why should the uber wealthy contribute more to a society so that their maids, butlers, and waiters can have a few dollars to live on in retirement (remember that the biggest social programs are Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid)/

Why would we want that? Had controls kept up with the shadow banking industry maybe we could have avoided the financial crisis? Maybe if we had more mine inspectors, fewer miners would die? Maybe if we had better oversight of the meat packing industry fewer people would buy tainted food? Yes, there is a point where govt regs can be onerous, there is also a wider moat where lack of regulations are dangerous.

OH THGE HORROR! When did this become the antithesis of any avg American's goal?

That is the stated goal of most actual Republicans.

In this you have given all of the rest of us our morning dose of ignorance from you.
I really could have done without it, I get enough from your butt buddies Sap and Midnight, but at least they have the balls to stick around and defend their indefensible posts.

Last edited: