Franken out?

Hijinx

Sweet. That buffoon never belonged there.

I cannot believe Al Franken will resign.
What has he got to lose by staying?
They can't force him out. He has no ethics or morality and he says the rumors of his resignation are false.

PsyOps

Pixelated
They can't force him out. He has no ethics or morality and he says the rumors of his resignation are false.

The optics on the democrat party are really bad. Given there are so many on the left getting caught up in this crap, they have to do something other than stay in silent approval.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bill O'Reilly must have been a good boy this year - Santa is bringing him Stuart Smalley resigning in disgrace.

littlelady

God bless the USA

There is a reason. He is the latest scapegoat. He will be replaced by a Dem. So, at this point, to quote the illustrious Hillary, ‘what difference does it make?’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He will be replaced by a Dem. So, at this point, to quote the illustrious Hillary, ‘what difference does it make?’

not necessarily

the win in 08 was razer thin but yes the reelection in 2014 was 1 mil vs 850k votes

Starman

not necessarily

the win in 08 was razer thin but yes the reelection in 2014 was 1 mil vs 850k votes

Yabbut when a Senator resigns the replacement is appointed by the governor and the MN governor is some strange sect of democrat leftist.

Clem72

Bill O'Reilly must have been a good boy this year - Santa is bringing him Stuart Smalley resigning in disgrace.

The 10's of millions of dollars paid in settlements by him and his employer would tend to indicate otherwise. He is just like the rest of the Hollywood "Elite" (and yes, as an actor, producer, writer, tabloid TV host, and political pundit/TV host he is definitely "Hollywood"), and just because you may root for the same team doesn't mean he should get a free pass.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yabbut when a Senator resigns the replacement is appointed by the governor and the MN governor is some strange sect of democrat leftist.

"It looks like you were trying to repeat yourself, maybe I can help"
Clippy.jpg

Hijinx

I wonder how many of the Senators telling Franken to resign, have a part in the 17 million dollars the Congress has paid out to keep their sexual acts quiet.

He's on the tv now, just said he will step down, while not admitting wrongdoing and ragging on others.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Al Franken is one of the more repugnant Democrats - or politicians in general - so ha ####ing ha ha ha :pointsandlaughs: That would be karma, bitch, biting your ass for you. :dude:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'Champion Of Women': Democrat Al Franken Resigns Amid Groping Scandal

"Nevertheless, today I am announcing that in the coming weeks I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate."

Then, as expected, Franken lashed out at President Trump.

"I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape on a history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party.

"But this decision is not about me. It's about the people of Minnesota. And it's become clear that I can't both pursue the Ethics Committee process and at the same time remain an effective senator for them. Let me mr clear: I may be resigning my seat but I am not giving up my voice," he said.

Franken's lightning fast fall began Wednesday, when six Democratic women in the Senate came out to say they just couldn't stick up for Franken anymore, not after a seventh woman came forward to allege the former comedian had tried to force himself on her sexually.

"While Senator Franken is entitled to have the Ethics Committee conclude its review, I believe it would be better for our country if he sent a clear message that any kind of mistreatment of women in our society isn't acceptable by stepping aside to let someone else serve," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand said in a statement on Facebook.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape on a history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party.

I'm watching him deliver this right now. :lmao:

:loser:

GregV814

he sounded like Jon LOvitz....yeah, I'll resign in a few weeks, yeahhh thats the ticket....and my girlfriend is Morgan Fairchild....yeah, thats the ticket....

glhs837

Power with Control
And it's become clear that I can't both pursue the Ethics Committee process and at the same time remain an effective senator for them.

Didnt stop ol Chuck Rangel, that tax dodging liar played footsie with the ethics committe for years. And chump, at least one of you was smart enough not to make sure to record his antics.