Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Know It's Time....

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Nothing. I have a freebie 3 year basic Onstar service without the phone or emergency services and the app is free. My dad kept locking us out of my truck so I got it just to have the remote door lock access. It also supports remote starting and the ability to download a map route from the phone to the truck's GPS.

Jeep offers that functionality, but want $15 a month for it. We had a free year of voice to text, but now that's gone and while it still reads them, it only offers a few canned responses, no voice to text unless you pay the money. And 15 a month is just too damn high.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    Whose service is Ting reselling? Do you get LTE speeds for data or is it cut back to 3G or something?

T-Mob .... yes I have LTE on my current One Plus 3

my One Plus One did not have the latest channels, so I was lacking coverage down here until I upgraded the phone

https://ting.com/rates
    Last edited by GURPS; 12-08-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

StraightTalk in this area is run over a Verizon service. I've had no issue anywhere I've been.
    when I had Straight Talk - GSM Phone - it was Sprint
    [the sell both depending on GSM or CDMA]

I have the $45 unlimited (up to 8Gb), but there is a cheaper plan too.
    that is an upgrade, it was $ 45 for 4.5 when I was still on [maybe a yr ago]
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Every so often they bump the limits up, as do other vendors. When I first got my StraightTalk service, it was 2Gb for $45.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Just got a S8 today. Waiting for battery to charge so I can activate it. Thought I'd read through the instructions on how to use it but there is none. Guess I will have all weekend to learn the ins and outs of it. I see there is no Home button so that makes things interesting right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    when I had Straight Talk - GSM Phone - it was Sprint
    [the sell both depending on GSM or CDMA]

Sprint is a CDMA network.

Members who have read this thread: 52