Md. AG has NO LOVE for the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Statement from Attorney General Frosh Regarding the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

BALTIMORE, MD (December 7, 2017) – Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh issued the following statement regarding H.R. 38 – Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017:

“Passage of the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 would be a public safety disaster for our nation. Maryland, like many other states, has common-sense gun laws that put the lives and safety of our citizens and law enforcement first.

Currently, eleven states in the nation grant permits to people who have not undergone safety training. Twenty states allow permits for people convicted of violent crimes. A dozen states do not require any kind of permit or license to carry a concealed firearm. If passed, this bill would reduce safety to the lowest common denominator. Marylanders convicted of violent crimes are not allowed to carry concealed weapons on our streets, but the CCRA would allow violent criminals from other states to do so here.

Recent studies have shown that the adoption of right-to-carry laws doesn’t deter or decrease crime. In fact, the opposite is true. Right-to-carry states are estimated to have 13 to 15% higher rates of violent crime than they would have if no right-to-carry law had been adopted.

Right-to-carry laws also put the lives of law enforcement at risk. A study published in the American Journal of Public Health found the rate of police homicide in states with high gun ownership - most of which had right-to-carry laws - was three times as high as the rate of police homicide in low gun ownership states. Presently, law enforcement is unable to confirm that a person carrying a loaded gun has a valid permit from another state because a national database for conceal-carry permits doesn’t exist.

Maryland has enacted common-sense gun safety laws. Congress should not undermine those efforts. It should pass bills that protect lives. It should not put the safety of Americans at risk by pandering to NRA lobbyists.”

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
IKR

Sappy should be along shortly to tell us how much safer we are

Yeppers. Nothing screams "safer" more loudly than the banning of gun "features" because some liberal wheenie thinks they look "scary".

Hijinx

We need a new Attorney general badly.

Frosh is a rabid liberal who would deny our Constitutional rights.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeppers. Nothing screams "safer" more loudly than the banning of gun "features" because some liberal wheenie thinks they look "scary".

I got to looking at that list when finally getting around to buying that ruger 10/22 recently. Stupidist thing ever. You can have one scary mod, but not two, depending on how scary that mod is..... None of which make a damn bit of difference as to how deadly the damn thing is. Maybe he's referring to the MSP G&S Star Chamber approach to issuing concealed carry permits?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I got to looking at that list when finally getting around to buying that ruger 10/22 recently. Stupidist thing ever. You can have one scary mod, but not two, depending on how scary that mod is..... None of which make a damn bit of difference as to how deadly the damn thing is. Maybe he's referring to the MSP G&S Star Chamber approach to issuing concealed carry permits?
I've waited in vain for anyone to explain to me how the weight of the barrel makes the difference between banned and not.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've waited in vain for anyone to explain to me how the weight of the barrel makes the difference between banned and not.

That's most likely becuase you are unreasonably requiring a logical explanation with pesky facts and stuff, not feelings.

black dog

Free America

That's most likely becuase you are unreasonably requiring a logical explanation with pesky facts and stuff, not feelings.

If I remember correctly, it was feelings that allowed HBars to not be banned.
I young lady took her three minutes at the State House not to many years ago and spoke about her shooting Across The Course ( high power ) out of State and with her competing out of State she would be breaking the law when she returned to Maryland with her AR. At that time Colt 20" Hbar was the most popular HB AR on the market for shooting Across The Course. And the barrel was stamped by Colt ( HBar )
That's where the exception came from.. And within a few years, all kinds of barrels are now stamped HBar..