Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: and if harassment doesn't work ...

  1. #11
    JFC. It just sounded like he needed a drink of water.

  2. #12
    Main Streeter awpitt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Location
    St. Mary's County
    Posts
    10,014
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    That's a real question: why do you hate this man so much?
    I don't hate him. That's contrary to my nature. I just don't care for his demeanor and behavior. I also don't care for the misinformation he constantly put out. The latest example of which was this past Friday when he claimed that this year showed the highest percentage of home ownership by African Americans. The actual facts show that 2014 was the year that showed the highest percentage of home ownership by African Americans.
    .
    .

    .

  3. #13
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    118,451
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    I don't hate him. That's contrary to my nature. I just don't care for his demeanor and behavior. I also don't care for the misinformation he constantly put out. The latest example of which was this past Friday when he claimed that this year showed the highest percentage of home ownership by African Americans. The actual facts show that 2014 was the year that showed the highest percentage of home ownership by African Americans.
    ALL politicians make grand claims. Do you hate them all equally - including Barack Obama - or just Trump? Obama was a fountain of blather and misinformation, and I do not recall one single time where you criticized him for it.

    What specifically about Trump's demeanor and behavior don't you care for? Because I suspect a lot of what you don't like is a complete fabrication by the media. So if, for instance, you say you don't like the way he "bragged about sexually assaulting women", I'm going to call you on it. #1, because that is simply not what he said; and #2, because Bill Clinton was the biggest p-hound we've had in the White House since JFK, and you didn't seem to have a problem with that. Nor do I recall you having a problem with all the women who said he assaulted them; nor did you have a problem with Juanita Broadderick's highly credible story about him raping her.

    So come on - let's get real. If we were sitting over beers I'd grill you relentlessly over this because I am genuinely interested and you know that I never tire of asking "why" because what motivates people is fascinating to me. As it stands, we're here and this is what I've got.

    Here's your virtual libation - now let's talk.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    I don't hate him. That's contrary to my nature. I just don't care for his demeanor and behavior.
    I'd say Dubya was probably the only President in my lifetime that I probably would have liked *personally*.
    It doesn't follow that such a person makes a great *President*.

    I've worked under any number of guys at the top who personally I COULD - NOT - STAND.
    But - the company flourished and stuff got done precisely because he/she was a major, tough SOB.
    If you're the company president and you're an ass**** - but the company does WELL - I want you in that job.
    I don't have to talk to you and my job and your job don't intersect much, but you being an ass keeps my job safe.

    Same way about cops - and judges - and fireman and EMTs and doctors and surgeons. Maybe you're a supreme jackass -
    but if you get results, I'm with you. I said only last night that the one thing I like about doctors is, they don't sugar coat it.
    How am I doing doc? It's terminal. You won't recover. How's dad doing? He won't ever wake up.
    What are my mom's chances? I don't deal in chance.
    That's what I like about them - my sister thinks they're jerks. I want the truth.

    Personally - I think I would like Trump - for about a half hour. Then he'd get on my nerves.
    IF he does what he said he would do, he has my vote in 2020. I don't care if he's an ass.
    ďGood intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  5. #15
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,838
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Personally - I think I would like Trump - for about a half hour. Then he'd get on my nerves.
    IF he does what he said he would do, he has my vote in 2020. I don't care if he's an ass.


    but that is not 'Presidential'




    I want a M'r fk at the top that get chit done .... not a platitude spewing wonk
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  6. #16
    Main Streeter awpitt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Location
    St. Mary's County
    Posts
    10,014
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    ALL politicians make grand claims. Do you hate them all equally - including Barack Obama - or just Trump? Obama was a fountain of blather and misinformation, and I do not recall one single time where you criticized him for it.

    What specifically about Trump's demeanor and behavior don't you care for? Because I suspect a lot of what you don't like is a complete fabrication by the media. So if, for instance, you say you don't like the way he "bragged about sexually assaulting women", I'm going to call you on it. #1, because that is simply not what he said; and #2, because Bill Clinton was the biggest p-hound we've had in the White House since JFK, and you didn't seem to have a problem with that. Nor do I recall you having a problem with all the women who said he assaulted them; nor did you have a problem with Juanita Broadderick's highly credible story about him raping her.

    So come on - let's get real. If we were sitting over beers I'd grill you relentlessly over this because I am genuinely interested and you know that I never tire of asking "why" because what motivates people is fascinating to me. As it stands, we're here and this is what I've got.

    Here's your virtual libation - now let's talk.


    Like I said, I don’t hate the but yes, I don’t care for their behavior. Yes, Obama made claims that weren’t entirely true but it was the exception rather than the norm. I see and hear Trump do it on a daily basis. Well, maybe every other day. And I’m not talking about so called “fabrication by the media”. I’m talking about stuff that comes directly from Trump. Can’t make that up. As far as the Billy Bush thing, you can call on it all you want but it was on tape…..
    Regarding Nancy O’Dell
    I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.
    I did try and #### her. She was married.
    And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look.
    Regarding Arianne Zucker
    I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
    Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything
    It’s easy to see that he was talking from experience.

    We can keep pointing fingers to the past to try and justify Trump’s behavior. Yea, “they did it too”. That argument is getting old. It’s 2017 and Trump is the one now.
    And, yes, we can have beers anytime and grill each other.
    .
    .

    .

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    Yes, Obama made claims that weren’t entirely true but it was the exception rather than the norm..
    We can't be talking about the same clown. That boy told more whoppers than any other president in my lifetime...Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon included.

    The hit parade...

    The top ones

    The longer list
    Last edited by Gilligan; 12-11-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 63

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |