Rep. Trent Franks To Resign

seven

Creeps

Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., is the third member of Congress to announce his resignation this week, saying that he had discussed surrogacy with two female subordinates.

"Given the nature of numerous allegations and reports across America in recent weeks, I want to first make one thing completely clear. I have absolutely never physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff," Franks said in a statement. "However, I do want to take full and personal responsibility for the ways I have broached a topic that, unbeknownst to me until very recently, made certain individuals uncomfortable. And so, I want to shed light on how those conversations came about."

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/07/5692...paign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202907

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand how that is sexual harassment.

This is starting to get so ridiculous it's going to cost women their careers.

I don't understand why he's bailing. He was discussing a subject he thought ok. Finds out much later it made a few uncomfortable. Ok, you apologize and move on. This is not worth losing a career over, and he actually comes off as a wimp by quitting.

Agree with Merlin.....something bigger he doesn't want uncovered.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It is being reported that he resigned "after learning the House Ethic Committee was investigating him for asking female subordinates to carry a surrogate pregnancy for him (and, possibly, for alleged retaliation after they said no). "

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is being reported that he resigned "after learning the House Ethic Committee was investigating him for asking female subordinates to carry a surrogate pregnancy for him (and, possibly, for alleged retaliation after they said no). "

Okay, that sounds more harassing.

Pete

Repete
I don't understand how that is sexual harassment.

This is starting to get so ridiculous it's going to cost women their careers.

I agree, bad form but not harassment....unless of course he chased them around the office with a loaded turkey baster.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
weird conversation to have with an employee, but the retaliation is the downfall

OFF With His Head ......

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
weird conversation to have with an employee, but the retaliation is the downfall

OFF With His Head ......

Who is the right person to have this conversation with? I've heard of grandmothers carrying their grandkids, I can't imagine having that conversation at all.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Who is the right person to have this conversation with? I've heard of grandmothers carrying their grandkids, I can't imagine having that conversation at all.

I'm not sure ....

... maybe the guys wife / SO should have been having the conversation ?
... close friends over for dinner - we are unable to have a child - we are looking into a surrogate - the FRIEND volunteers or maybe a sister :shrug:
... a medical service finds volunteers

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Sounds like something for craigslist.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:lol: What sort of affair would you call this?

a good one

Traute-Soupolos.jpg

getting paid $ 2500 bucks to bang your neighbors beauty queen wife