OHMYGERD is gonna snow and we’re all GONNA DIE

dgates80

Land of the lost
It’s that time of year, time for the ritual of stocking up on bread, milk, TP, and beer.

Talked to the PAX weather office guys, they are now saying “1-3 inches on the ground but a quick melt off” with a bit more on the north side / Calvert. That said, they also say that the freezing line is difficult to predict and their overall confidence in snow accumulation predictions for any given spot is moderately low. Guess we’ll see! They expect the precip to begin early tomorrow morning like 3am to 6am time frame.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Atlanta is supposed to get 4". I'm waiting to hear about the shut down on the news.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I saw on the Bug that there's supposed to be some sleety/icy rain up closer to DC.

Apparently Houston got a dusting yesterday - AND they still had school today.

PS, it's 80* and sunny here in Marathon. :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I saw on the Bug that there's supposed to be some sleety/icy rain up closer to DC.

Apparently Houston got a dusting yesterday - AND they still had school today.

PS, it's 80* and sunny here in Marathon. :biggrin:

A friend of mine in Houston reported a dusting last night.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I doubt if we'll see any of it. If we get anything, it will most likely be freezing rain. BUT, Atlanta will curl up and die. I remember watching it on the news a few years ago, while still in MD. There were people stranded on the interstate.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I doubt if we'll see any of it. If we get anything, it will most likely be freezing rain. BUT, Atlanta will curl up and die. I remember watching it on the news a few years ago, while still in MD. There were people stranded on the interstate.

I remember that, too.

Chris0nllyn

You forgot to add “and freezing my butt off”

:lol: That too.

I love the cold though. There's nothing like busting sheets of ice to put duck/goose decoys out.

I did buy me a set of those heated insoles though and will be trying them out this weekend.

glhs837

Power with Control
All my fault, sorry. Just bought a 5,500 watt generator but did not get the transfer switch bought......