"...wrong place at the wrong time." ..... Wins the lottery!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Body cam captures police dog attacking innocent woman taking out her garbage

So a couple of questions ....

Why didn't he shoot the dog to stop the attack?

Will the dog be destroyed because of its failure to listen to command, or, will it get desk/kennel duty, with pay, (tasty dog food and treats), pending the outcome of an internal investigation?

After taxes, (aka attorney's fee), what will be her take home amount? $5 Million? $10 million?

So many more. Will others here please help with questions?

Rommey

Its disturbing to think the dog will remain on duty after a clear lack of response to its handler. How much retraining will the handler receive due to the lack of command of the dog? If the dog couldn't be controlled in a peaceful encounter, how can the dog's (and/or handlers) actions not be questioned in future incidents?

If someone could be arrested for assaulting/shooting/killing a police dog like they would be for doing the same to a police officer, then should the same standards that apply to police officers also apply to police dogs? In other words, take this same incident, but instead of the dog attacking the woman, it was a police officer. Would the police officer be facing charges and/or disciplinary actions?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I have a story. Dot was out strolling gdot about a year ago in her neighborhood. Apparently, a cop’s dog got out of the yard, and ran up to them snarling and barking. It did not attack, but scared the you know out of my dot. The cop came out to retrieve his dog, and was sooooo apologetic. She didn’t report it. Good grief. And, yes, I still support cops. Just sharing.

Question...if cops keep their dogs at home, are they not responsible for the behavior of that dog?

Last edited: