The fires in CA are devastating...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Why is no one on here talking about this? It is horrible. Horses, other farm animals, zoo animals, houses, forest animals, vegetation, and much more being devastated. I just hope that it was not started by a human. Prayers.

I, always, think about when commenting on bad things, that I am blessed, even though I have had hard ship, as well, but nothing like a wildfire that took my house, my things, my animals, and everything. Can’t imagine that, but I guess it could happen to us all.

Last I heard tonight, it is 5% contained. I moved a year ago, and gave up so much stuff to be practical, and it was my choice, but I was sad. It is not the same when you have no choice.

Politics aside, no state deserves such devastation. God bless California.

Last edited:

Starman

Why is no one on here talking about this? It is horrible. Horses, other farm animals, zoo animals, houses, forest animals, vegetation, and much more being devastated. I just hope that it was not started by a human. Prayers.

I, always, think about when commenting on bad things, that I am blessed, even though I have had hard ship, as well, but nothing like a wildfire that took my house, my things, my animals, and everything. Can’t imagine that, but I guess it could happen to us all.

Last I heard tonight, it is 5% contained. I moved a year ago, and gave up so much stuff to be practical, and it was my choice, but I was sad. It is not the same when you have no choice.

Politics aside, no state deserves such devastation. God bless California.

No one is talking about it, because most here cannot separate humanity from politics. Do a quick search here for how many hope Caulifornia would just break away, fall off, or otherwise just disappear simply because of their flavor of politics.

littlelady

God bless the USA
No one is talking about it, because most here cannot separate humanity from politics. Do a quick search here for how many hope Caulifornia would just break away, fall off, or otherwise just disappear simply because of their flavor of politics.

Well, you have to admit CA is whacked, and should break away because that is what they are doing, politically. How can they not be with Brown, Pelosi, and Zarate calling the shots? But, I do feel bad for the animals and foliage.

I just wonder if they will ever figure out how this fire started. No one has talked about that. Scary to think that it was caused by a human; that could happen any where. I haven’t heard about lightening strikes, or anything like that.

Starman

Well, you have to admit CA is whacked, and should break away because that is what they are doing, politically. How can they not be with Brown, Pelosi, and Zarate calling the shots? But, I do feel bad for the animals and foliage.

^^ precisely my point ^^

littlelady

God bless the USA
^^ precisely my point ^^

So, we agree.:yay:

I try to stay neutral on the politicalness of it it all, but I get more and more pissed as I hear of this Flynn stuff. He happens to be the brother of my dot’s most fave teacher in high school. So, I know him, and his fam. Such a shame, and such a sham. Go, Trump! I know off topic, but I had to put it somewhere. Since, I started this thread, I can say what I want. :smile:

Also, that whole fam moved to CA. I hope they are ok.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm guessing we're not talking about it because, as Wired puts it:

https://www.wired.com/story/losangeles-wildfire-science/

SoCal wildfires are fairly common, and the link above will tell you why. It's terrible, of course, but not out of the ordinary.

What starts them? All it takes is the striking of a match.

Someone started it whether intentional, or unintentional. Either way, it was careless, and mean. I cannot get that vid out of my head of the horses that could not get away from the fire, and the owners were helpless to save them.

I didn’t post it. If y’all want to see it, do the search y’all’s selves.

Last edited:
I'm guessing we're not talking about it because, as Wired puts it:

https://www.wired.com/story/losangeles-wildfire-science/

SoCal wildfires are fairly common, and the link above will tell you why. It's terrible, of course, but not out of the ordinary.
Yup. I work with a guy who is from that area. His sister is in the evacuation zone. His mother 1 mile outside the zone. His house there is on the edge of the zone. He said this is a normal risks folks who chose to live there assume. He is heading back for the holidays next week. If his house or a family members house is hit, he'll simply pack work clothes gear and do what he can to start recovery. He was very calm about it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It really could be anything. They're saying that they think it might have been a malfunctioning power line or transformer. That whole canyon region is a dry tinderbox this time of year and it doesn't take a lot to light it up. Once it gets going and the wind picks it up, it takes on a life of its own. There are actually I think six separate major wildfires currently going on in that region.

Read the story I linked above - it's very informative.

transporter

Someone started it whether intentional, or unintentional. Either way, it was careless, and mean. I cannot get that vid out of my head of the horses that could not get away from the fire, and the owners were helpless to save them.

I didn’t post it. If y’all want to see it, do the search y’all’s selves.

Reading your posts is excruciating. Even when someone posts an article for you to read that will answer your questions, you can't be bothered. UFB.

BTW... CA is now the 6th largest economy in the entire world, they passed France last year. Any idea what impact those "whackos" leaving would have on your SS and Medicare or the US in general? Really helps if you do more than a search on Bing...try actually reading more than the headline...reading the entire article instead of just looking at the pictures...have someone read the articles to you if you are having that much trouble understanding the words.

3CATSAILOR

By the posts I have seen, I do not see any love lost for CA. I think quite a few people feel that if CA had a massive earthquake and disappeared, we wouldn't miss it. This is not the fault of the animals that happen to be in harms way. May the deceased animals rest in peace. And may the injured animals get help as soon as possible. Most people will help an injured animal if they can. I suspect the owners of animals that left them behind to die will find a special place in Hell for them to burn in Hell.

This is not the first fire in CA and it won't be the last. CA will see many, many more serious fires. In fact, I would not be surprised one bit if a large city is engulfed by fire one day. "God is pissed at CA". And he seems to plan on it to burn in Hell one piece at a time. It is never a good idea to piss of the All Mighty. The animals and good people that die will go to Heaven. The others will burn in Hell. Just look at what is in most of CA and what it has become from lets say 50 years ago. The current fires are thought to be quite large. Actually, they easily can be much larger. I certainly hope not. But, I can't see what could stop it from happening one day.

Yes, that was harsh. But, from my observation, it appears to be the truth. The structures can be built so they are mostly fireproof at a reasonable cost. The buildings can be made of thick concrete. The roof can be metal which does't burn. The glass windows don't burn. But, you can also have steel shutters that close in the event of severe events. The electric, phones, water supply can all be underground, immune from fires. This is costly, so they don't do it. However, they still build multi million dollar homes and just rebuild time and time again. No wonder insurance rates go up.

Desalination plants can be built all along the CA coast. Water can from the plants can be pumped through underground pipe to large caverns between mountains. This would create jobs. But, no one wants to invest in CA. "Not even their own people". And I wouldn't be surprised to see CA become bankrupt one day. This would only compound their problems. CA is like Puerto Rico. No one seems to care.

Hijinx

Reading your posts is excruciating. Even when someone posts an article for you to read that will answer your questions, you can't be bothered. UFB.

BTW... CA is now the 6th largest economy in the entire world, they passed France last year. Any idea what impact those "whackos" leaving would have on your SS and Medicare or the US in general? Really helps if you do more than a search on Bing...try actually reading more than the headline...reading the entire article instead of just looking at the pictures...have someone read the articles to you if you are having that much trouble understanding the words.

Who the hell is forcing you to read them? I don't believe if you left you would be missed any more than a hemorrhoid.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

It would probably be a wash should Cali slide into the Pacific.

PeoplesElbow

Like someone else said it's more or less a normal thing. The Santa Anna winds bring single digit humidity, then the winds themselves whip up the fire spreading it. It happens almost like clockwork, just like the mudslides come late winter/early spring.

The residents of the area that I know hate wet springs, they told me whenever they have a wet spring it means more vegetation grows that will fuel the fires come late fall.

Things like tornados, lightning strikes etc are random on where they happen, these fires not so much.

If California had the number of people that southern Maryland does that throw cigarettes out of their car windows that entire place would be just a lump of charcoal. That vegetation is very very dry and can be set ablaze by almost anything.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Governor Jerry Brown's Scorched Earty Proposal?

Jerry Brown New Normal.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There aren't too many places in the US that don't experience natural disasters in some form, so saying "Oh, they shouldn't live there" is dumb.