Where were the st. Mary's county snow trucks?

3CATSAILOR

St. Mary's County received a pretty good snow fall. The State roads were fine because the State put down some salt. However, the County did not put down salt any where that I have seen. In fact, I did not see one St. Mary's County salt trucks.

glhs837

Power with Control
Dont know that I saw a reason to. I know down here, I was down Willows and Park Hall and didnt see enough to justify plowing.

I heard one truck early yesterday go down my road (Lex Park) but there really was no need for plows or salt. It disappeared as soon as it hit the pavement.

Save the budget for when we REALLY need it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We had nothing stick to the roads over here in Piney Point.

I hate salt anyway...so I'm glad they didn't bother putting any down.

PeoplesElbow

I dont think it was needed either, however some salt truck dumped about a wheelbarrow full right in front of my house in a nice neat pile.

I didn't see any salt anywhere else.

I was out and about last night traveling several back roads in Leonardtown area about the time we hit the actual freeze mark temp while it was still snowing. The snow was sticking to the roads. Cedar Lane, Macintosh Road, etc. were pretty much all white, but salt trucks were out and about and when I hit those same roads an hour later the roads were back to just wet. County trucks were indeed out.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Dont know that I saw a reason to. I know down here, I was down Willows and Park Hall and didnt see enough to justify plowing.

they laid down brine Friday AM, at least on the major roads.
We may have had 6 inches of snow, but nothing stuck on the walks or roads. All paved surfaces I saw were just wet.

We may have had 6 inches of snow, but nothing stuck on the walks or roads. All paved surfaces I saw were just wet.
And county roads don't get brined so that was why county trucks had to come out to salt last night.

Oh, and the state sure did time getting the brine down in time this go 'round. It had time to dry before the first flakes.

glhs837

Power with Control
I dont think it was needed either, however some salt truck dumped about a wheelbarrow full right in front of my house in a nice neat pile.

I didn't see any salt anywhere else.

Think I saw that pile :) Was another one the size of a small animal in the travel lane...... :)

3CATSAILOR

No wonder why I didn't see them. They must have treated the road with brine on Friday while I was still at work. Either way, I agree the roads weren't too bad. Some places had minor issues. But, simply slow down. Too many accidents regardless in the Lexington Park / California MD area. But, now that seems to be an every day occurrence.

BernieP

Resident PIA
No wonder why I didn't see them. They must have treated the road with brine on Friday while I was still at work. Either way, I agree the roads weren't too bad. Some places had minor issues. But, simply slow down. Too many accidents regardless in the Lexington Park / California MD area. But, now that seems to be an every day occurrence.

because people don't know how to drive and when the weather gets a little dicey they panic and turn into raging #######s

TPD

the poor dad
Contractors started spreading salt on county roads about 2am Saturday morning. We were all finished by about 7am - hence the reason you didn’t see any trucks out - you were probably all nestled in your bed.

The official snow total in Ridge was 6.5”.

because people don't know how to drive and when the weather gets a little dicey they panic and turn into raging #######s

They don't need snow and ice to do that. I sorely regret going out today near noontime to run errands. People be cray-cray.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It's probably OK.

IMG_0960.jpg