What do you do if you fail to recognize your problem is from within?

3CATSAILOR

In fairness to the St. Mary's school system, this problem is not isolated to just St. Mary's. But, what do you do if your problem is from "WITHIN" and everyone involved with the "safety and the security" and the "positive learning environment" as they like to call it continues to have their head in the sand? They fail to recognize the vast majority of their problems now and in the future are from WITHIN. When you fail to acknowledge where your primary problem is, the primary problem will continue to grow. The recent several assaults is pretty good evidence of it. Why doesn't our school systems push our legislators to find a solution. While on one hand they say that every kid deserves an education, on the other hand they continue to allow the continued disruptions and disrespect of our teachers. And are the external security systems really worth the cost? After all, the most recent assault of the child apparently was not caught on a school camera. It looks like one of the people that stood their and witnessed it filmed it.

TAKEN FROM THE BOARD OF EDUCATION SAFETY AND SECURITY WEB SITE:
Physical Security

Recently, St. Mary’s County Public Schools has been taking measures to improve the safety of our students and staff through implementing new and improved physical security. The purpose of physical security measures in our schools is to recognize potential risks, threats, and vulnerable areas within our schools. The ability to help eliminate the occurrence of problems is essential to providing students with a safe and positive learning environment.

The Department of Safety and Security is currently working on a five year strategic plan to increase physical security throughout the district. Our plan dictates for a minimum of four security cameras in every school and office building. Additional door and readers for the electronic locking systems will be added throughout the county.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know! Let's try to solve the problem with these violent miscreants without offending them!

Typical leftwing bull#### - they want to pretend they're "doing something" without really doing anything. If they wanted to eliminate the problem, they'd eliminate the people who are creating the problem. Parents need to get involved, raise hell, don't take no for an answer. They need to start getting the police involved when their child is victimized, and they need to get a lawyer and sue the #### out of the school.

The thugs and criminals are apparently smarter than college educated parents because they seem to know how to get their way just fine. They scream their faces off and make a bunch of threats, so parents need to scream louder and threaten harder. Children shouldn't have to worry about being beaten and raped when they go to school, and clearly school officials think coddling thugs and ghetto scum is more important than the safety of your child. That needs to end and only the parents can end it.

So stop trying to get freaking braindead Leftists to see their problem - they aren't going to do that because they're way too busy keening and sucking their thumb over Donald Trump. You have to FORCE them.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Show me a vibrant PTA, with lots of parents involved, and you will have few problems. Due to the military, my kids went to a lot of different schools. Some schools do it better than others. When there is no parental involvement the kids tend to act out more often, leading to a lot of other problems.

Grumpy

4 security cameras per school. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Morning school PA announcements: Be advised that our cameras are indicating unrest in corridor 2, by the art rooms, please avoid this area if possible. That is all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm guessing all the anti-bullying seminars they held didn't take. Probably they just need to have a few more.

I can't imagine teachers like this crap, either. You'd think they'd be raising hell.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bending the offender over a knee and spanking them in front of everyone would fix that problem.

Oh sure, now you want teachers to be arrested for sexual assault on a student.

If they don't want to learn and are disrupting those who do, throw them out of school. The end. When they mama come rollin' up, throw her ass out too.

PeoplesElbow

Oh sure, now you want teachers to be arrested for sexual assault on a student.

If they don't want to learn and are disrupting those who do, throw them out of school. The end. When they mama come rollin' up, throw her ass out too.

Do it to the parent instead then.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Show me a vibrant PTA, with lots of parents involved, and you will have few problems. Due to the military, my kids went to a lot of different schools. Some schools do it better than others. When there is no parental involvement the kids tend to act out more often, leading to a lot of other problems.
Sadly that's the key to a good school, both academically and in the area of physical safety.
When your child misbehaves, don't excuse it with kids will be kids. Be it in a store, in school or in private. Children have to be taught what is and is not appropriate behavior in all types of environments.
Sorry, but letting your little animals run loose in stores and restaurants is not teaching them good behavior. Ignoring them while they kick the chair of the person in front of them in a theater, is not teaching them good behavior.
When people ignore their children in a public setting, and then come to their defense when someone complains teaches them a big lesson - Mommy & Daddy will bail them out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sadly that's the key to a good school, both academically and in the area of physical safety.
When your child misbehaves, don't excuse it with kids will be kids. Be it in a store, in school or in private. Children have to be taught what is and is not appropriate behavior in all types of environments.
Sorry, but letting your little animals run loose in stores and restaurants is not teaching them good behavior. Ignoring them while they kick the chair of the person in front of them in a theater, is not teaching them good behavior.
When people ignore their children in a public setting, and then come to their defense when someone complains teaches them a big lesson - Mommy & Daddy will bail them out.

What we're talking about goes way beyond that. We're talking about flat out assault. As in, there is a segment of our society that was raised in an environment that encourages violence and lawlessness, and what's more that behavior is never punished. It's not Mommy being too lenient; it's Mommy being a crack whore and having a revolving door of ####bag druggie criminal men she screws and teaching her child to be that way as well. She's not going to teach her kid to behave because she doesn't know how to behave herself.

Notice that I didn't mention Daddy? That's because "Daddy" is most likely some transient who is either in prison or robbing someone's house for drugs.

BernieP

Resident PIA
What we're talking about goes way beyond that. We're talking about flat out assault. As in, there is a segment of our society that was raised in an environment that encourages violence and lawlessness, and what's more that behavior is never punished. It's not Mommy being too lenient; it's Mommy being a crack whore and having a revolving door of ####bag druggie criminal men she screws and teaching her child to be that way as well. She's not going to teach her kid to behave because she doesn't know how to behave herself.

Notice that I didn't mention Daddy? That's because "Daddy" is most likely some transient who is either in prison or robbing someone's house for drugs.

There is an undercurrent of racism in that paragraph and I'm here to tell you I've seen two parent families, daddy is a big old boy and is use to getting his way because he simply beats the snot out of anyone in his way.
He teaches his young ones to do the same, might makes right.
Just because they have money and live in a big McMansion doesn't change the story, as long as the kids are taught they can do as they want, they will escalate.

I will say, if you are part of a community where violence is a way of life, even if you don't have children you should be trying to change that culture.

Don't blame the authority that disciplines your child when they've done wrong. You are only perpetuating the problem.

But we digress. The sad part is, most educators don't believe in the policies they have to live by. For the most part the "rules" are pushed down by they hacks in Baltimore.
Statistics, they look at numbers and they say the numbers have to be equitable, if not your school and school system gets noticed for the wrong reason.
Don't comply, they don't send money.
The state wants every school in the county to look demographically like the county as a whole. Take a look at the school district maps, that's SMCPS trying to achieve that goal.
The same goes with grades, graduation and discipline. The state looks at race and income. If the numbers don't look like the county as a whole, then there is a problem with the school or school system.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is an undercurrent of racism in that paragraph

Actually, I didn't mention race at all. Do you not think white women can be crack whores with transient baby daddies who are drugged out criminals? Because I'm here to tell you that they indeed can.

But you're right - violent families come from all socioeconomic backgrounds, and we've certainly seen "nice boys" on the news because they raped or killed someone.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Actually, I didn't mention race at all. Do you not think white women can be crack whores with transient baby daddies who are drugged out criminals? Because I'm here to tell you that they indeed can.

But you're right - violent families come from all socioeconomic backgrounds, and we've certainly seen "nice boys" on the news because they raped or killed someone.
It used to be the rich entitled kids were the worst, now entitled crosses economic boundaries so it comes from all directions.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Thank you for mentioning this. Too many parents use the school system as a baby sitting service and are never involved with their kids' education. And then, we're all surprised when bad things happen during the school day. I was always involved in the schools when my kids were in. PTSA, Booster organizations, etc. Even on first name basis with the principals. This isn't a liberal problem or a conservative problem as some have suggested. The problem starts at home.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

But, they come color coded for a reason...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thank you for mentioning this. Too many parents use the school system as a baby sitting service and are never involved with their kids' education. And then, we're all surprised when bad things happen during the school day. I was always involved in the schools when my kids were in. PTSA, Booster organizations, etc. Even on first name basis with the principals. This isn't a liberal problem or a conservative problem as some have suggested. The problem starts at home.

It is a liberal problem in the sense of what happens next. Keeping a violent kid in school because "every child deserves an education" is absolutely a libprog mindset.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It is a liberal problem in the sense of what happens next. Keeping a violent kid in school because "every child deserves an education" is absolutely a libprog mindset.

Well, I guess we can put labels on everything and continue to cast blame and we'll continue to never solve the problem which, like I said, starts at home.