More fake news from the Washington Post

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One of their "reporters" took a pic of Trump's Pensacola rally floor hours before people started coming in, and tried to pass off the empty room on Twitter as nobody showing up for the rally. This, of course, was a lie. And then the little chit lied about why he did it. AND he was fired in 2010 from WashPo for losing his ugly progbot mind and calling Ron Paul and other Republicans a bunch of nasty names on social media, then rehired a few years later.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/12/09/trump-demands-gets-apology-from-washington-post-reporter.html

Nope kids, no bias here. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Very occasionally Monello likes to torture me by putting on CNN and it's always filled with these crazy Trump hater stories, with hysterical guests speculating how Daddy is going to blow up the world and kill us all. They cover almost nothing else - just all Trump-hate, all the time.

No wonder you progs are so psychotic if that's the kind of #### you get your "brain" filled with.

Very occasionally Monello likes to torture me by putting on CNN and it's always filled with these crazy Trump hater stories, with hysterical guests speculating how Daddy is going to blow up the world and kill us all. They cover almost nothing else - just all Trump-hate, all the time.

No wonder you progs are so psychotic if that's the kind of #### you get your "brain" filled with.
I used to be able to flip to Morning Joe on occasion and find relevant topics being discussed. Not any more. It is always a 'love to hate Trump' fest. Always.

What I don't get is why a year later they are still focused on him not being a qualified politician rather than focusing on what the career politicians actually look like with their masks ripped off. Those are the REAL news stories. Why on earth do we want people in office who are considered qualified simply because they are a part of the deep state power that does what it wants without regard of what makes and keeps this country strong? Makes no logical sense at all.

Grumpy

Wiegel has been a Conservative/Trump hater for years, not surprising..But he apologized, so its okay now..:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to be able to flip to Morning Joe on occasion and find relevant topics being discussed. Not any more. It is always a 'love to hate Trump' fest. Always.

It's juvenile and tedious. I'd think even the most die-hard Trump hater would get sick of it at some point. If they're funny or at least interesting, that's one thing; but it's just hate and vitriol. I can't imagine there's a large audience for that sort of thing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What I don't get is why a year later they are still focused on him not being a qualified politician rather than focusing on what the career politicians actually look like with their masks ripped off. Those are the REAL news stories. Why on earth do we want people in office who are considered qualified simply because they are a part of the deep state power that does what it wants without regard of what makes and keeps this country strong? Makes no logical sense at all.

I don't get it either. I find it hard to believe they're that sucked into a political party. How can a whole freaking industry be that mindless and brainwashed? And I still say that the public is losing its appetite for that kind of nastiness, so it can't even be for ratings anymore. They don't even bother pretending anymore - it's just flat out lying, embellishing, and spewing hatred.

MiddleGround

I'd think even the most die-hard Trump hater would get sick of it at some point.

Maybe they are but, it is just that it is shoved in their face from every direction every day! Think about how many liberal progressive pundits and tv hosts there are now. How many have been on for a while? Stewart, Colbert, Mahr, almost all of the Comedy Central talent, MSNBC, CNN, etc. The list is endless. All on television (the most influential media) and bombarding people every day and night.

Now, think of the Conservative voice. Where are they? Why are they not given as much of a voice? Right now, the scales are not even close to being equal regarding who gets to shout their opinions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe they are but, it is just that it is shoved in their face from every direction every day! Think about how many liberal progressive pundits and tv hosts there are now. How many have been on for a while? Stewart, Colbert, Mahr, almost all of the Comedy Central talent, MSNBC, CNN, etc. The list is endless. All on television (the most influential media) and bombarding people every day and night.

It's definitely pervasive and relentless. Even when you're not seeking it out, you can hardly turn on the TV or pick up a magazine without having some crazed lefty preaching at you.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Now, think of the Conservative voice. Where are they? Why are they not given as much of a voice?

COnservative talk dominates on the radio. Rush Limbaugh has been the number 1 commercial talk show since 1987. Think about that. 34 years as number 1. In the top 14 radio shows, 8 of them are conservative talk shows. A liberal show doesn't make an appearance on the list until #15.

The popularity of conservative talk radio led to attempts to imitate its success with progressive talk radio in the mid-2000s, led by the launch of Air America Radio. Air America did not have the success that conservative talk had, due in part to weaker stations talent that was inexperienced with the radio medium and a political message that was not well received by the public. Air America ceased operations in 2010. As of 2016, conservative syndicated talk shows far outnumber their progressive counterparts; while usually only one progressive talk channel can be found in most markets (with Westwood One the predominant syndicator), at least two and often three conservative talk stations (one local, the rest mostly syndicated) can be found.

SamSpade

One of their "reporters" took a pic of Trump's Pensacola rally floor hours before people started coming in, and tried to pass off the empty room on Twitter as nobody showing up for the rally.

I was watching the news and there was a reference to a piece written by a fairly liberal writer whose remarks essentially said - dammit, stop doing this CNN, WaPo, all you guys - because what you're doing is giving the guy a second term. If you keep getting the news wrong all the time in a rush to make Trump look bad, eventually the public just isn't going to believe you - some people are going to buy the idea that the press is out to get him - and it fires up his base because it proves he's right.

Get it first, but first get it right.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I was watching the news and there was a reference to a piece written by a fairly liberal writer whose remarks essentially said - dammit, stop doing this CNN, WaPo, all you guys - because what you're doing is giving the guy a second term. If you keep getting the news wrong all the time in a rush to make Trump look bad, eventually the public just isn't going to believe you - some people are going to buy the idea that the press is out to get him - and it fires up his base because it proves he's right.

Get it first, but first get it right.

Its all about ratings...CNN couldn't give a rats ass.....their pundants are obsessed.....but its all about ratings.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/cnn/news-story/02d13ce03ae63b56f04f9109b9caf1ca

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Its all about ratings...CNN couldn't give a rats ass.....their pundants are obsessed.....but its all about ratings.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/cnn/news-story/02d13ce03ae63b56f04f9109b9caf1ca

And yet, by all accounts, their ratings are dropping. I'm not sure how many of the progs - or wingnuts, for that matter - actually watch TV news. From what I see, they get an awful lot of their "news" word of mouth from other progs/wingnuts. You can tell by the links they post to "support" their claims.