Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CNN Walks Back Jeff Sessions-Russia Bombshell

  1. #1
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    38,178

    CNN Walks Back Jeff Sessions-Russia Bombshell

    CNN has quietly walked back more of their “bombshell” reporting on the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, and this time it’s a story relating to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ security clearance forms.

    In May, CNN reported that Sessions had failed to disclose meetings he had with the Russian ambassador when he was a senator. Justice Department officials told CNN that Sessions had not listed those meetings on a security clearance form, even though the form says to list “any contact” with the “foreign government” or its “representatives” in the past seven years.

    CNN framed the non-disclosures as more evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump team, writing, “He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.”

    At the time, Sessions said he was told by the FBI not to list meetings “connected with his Senate activities,” but CNN’s legal expert denied those claims.


    CNN Walks Back Jeff Sessions-Russia Bombshell
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  2. #2
    Doesn't change the fact that Sessions testified under oath before Congress that he (Sessions) had no recollection of ever meeting any Russians....now does it?

    Additionally...CNN hasn't "quietly walked back" the report as your biased article states. The video on their website shows an entirely different narrative than the one you have been pushing all day: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politi...cts/index.html

    The plain facts of this matter are that many people associated with the Trump campaign met with Russians and that every one of those people has either lied about or forgotten every encounter. Now why would that be? Your the conspiracy theory nut...but you can't see the forest because all the trees are in your way?

    You spin it how you want...or however you are getting paid to spin it.

  3. #3
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    5,559
    Is it a normal thing for one of the two realistic candidates for our President to meet with foreign officials?

    Hell Obama had a rally in Germany.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25,877
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Is it a normal thing for one of the two realistic candidates for our President to meet with foreign officials?

    Hell Obama had a rally in Germany.
    Obama is still meeting with foreign officials. Is he breaking the law.?

  5. #5
    Happy Creepy Ass Cracka Lurk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,805
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that Sessions testified under oath before Congress that he (Sessions) had no recollection of ever meeting any Russians....now does it?

    Additionally...CNN hasn't "quietly walked back" the report as your biased article states. The video on their website shows an entirely different narrative than the one you have been pushing all day: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politi...cts/index.html

    The plain facts of this matter are that many people associated with the Trump campaign met with Russians and that every one of those people has either lied about or forgotten every encounter. Now why would that be? Your the conspiracy theory nut...but you can't see the forest because all the trees are in your way?

    You spin it how you want...or however you are getting paid to spin it.
    Have you bothered to go back to the original report on CNN's website or videos to determine that CNN has removed the erroneous "facts" and that their original "Gotcha" was a blind error? If not, you have nowhere to go on this one.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

  6. #6
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    38,178
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that Sessions testified under oath before Congress that he (Sessions) had no recollection of ever meeting any Russians....now does it?
    Another CNN Fail? They Finally Admit AG Sessions Wasn't Required To Disclose Foreign Contacts As A Senator


    Now, the network is backtracking its reports on Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his foreign contacts. Contrary to their original story, Sessions didn’t have to disclose such contacts that occurred in his capacity as a U.S. Senator to get a security clearance. Here’s what they reported in May [emphasis mine]

    Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not disclose meetings he had last year with Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance, the Justice Department told CNN Wednesday.

    Sessions, who met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at least two times last year, didn't note those interactions on the form, which requires him to list "any contact" he or his family had with a "foreign government" or its "representatives" over the past seven years, officials said.

    The new information from the Justice Department is the latest example of Sessions failing to disclose contacts he had with Russian officials. He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.

    [clip]

    So, CNN actually knew this back in May, which is that Sessions didn’t need to disclose such contacts during his time in the U.S. Senate, but decided to make the insinuation anyway that the attorney general was hiding something because keeping Russian collusion theater going is good for ratings. Regardless, the damage is done. ABC News, BuzzFeed, Politico, Huffington Post, and The Washington Post were off to the races with this non-story, but worked wonders among the Left to keep the whole Russia collusion-Manchurian Candidate theory alive and well. The media’s obsession with Trump and Russia is becoming a rather embarrassing spectacle, fraught with mistakes and bogus reports. To this day, there is still zero evidence that proves the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians during the 2016 election. Maybe because no such evidence exists. As for the media, well, can you guess why no one really trusts them anymore.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25,877
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Another CNN Fail? They Finally Admit AG Sessions Wasn't Required To Disclose Foreign Contacts As A Senator


    Now, the network is backtracking its reports on Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his foreign contacts. Contrary to their original story, Sessions didn’t have to disclose such contacts that occurred in his capacity as a U.S. Senator to get a security clearance. Here’s what they reported in May [emphasis mine]

    Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not disclose meetings he had last year with Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance, the Justice Department told CNN Wednesday.

    Sessions, who met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at least two times last year, didn't note those interactions on the form, which requires him to list "any contact" he or his family had with a "foreign government" or its "representatives" over the past seven years, officials said.

    The new information from the Justice Department is the latest example of Sessions failing to disclose contacts he had with Russian officials. He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.

    [clip]

    So, CNN actually knew this back in May, which is that Sessions didn’t need to disclose such contacts during his time in the U.S. Senate, but decided to make the insinuation anyway that the attorney general was hiding something because keeping Russian collusion theater going is good for ratings. Regardless, the damage is done. ABC News, BuzzFeed, Politico, Huffington Post, and The Washington Post were off to the races with this non-story, but worked wonders among the Left to keep the whole Russia collusion-Manchurian Candidate theory alive and well. The media’s obsession with Trump and Russia is becoming a rather embarrassing spectacle, fraught with mistakes and bogus reports. To this day, there is still zero evidence that proves the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians during the 2016 election. Maybe because no such evidence exists. As for the media, well, can you guess why no one really trusts them anymore.
    People like transporter know this. They know that the media puts out this BS and they do it for a reason.
    Most liberals never bother to read the apologies or corrections.
    Transporter reda it but still uses it because he/she/ it is just as biased and dishonest as the media.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,530
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that Sessions testified under oath before Congress that he (Sessions) had no recollection of ever meeting any Russians....now does it?

    Additionally...CNN hasn't "quietly walked back" the report as your biased article states. The video on their website shows an entirely different narrative than the one you have been pushing all day: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politi...cts/index.html

    The plain facts of this matter are that many people associated with the Trump campaign met with Russians and that every one of those people has either lied about or forgotten every encounter. Now why would that be? Your the conspiracy theory nut...but you can't see the forest because all the trees are in your way?

    You spin it how you want...or however you are getting paid to spin it.
    It's nothing short of astounding not only how often you're wrong (hell, we could set our watches by it), but that you never get tired of being wrong. Do you take meds for that?
    “So now the tard pile begins.” - Board Mommy

  9. #9
    Happy Creepy Ass Cracka Lurk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,805
    None of the legacy news sites have retracted or corrected their coverage of this story done in May 2017 to inform readers that new documents have invalidated their coverage of this fake news. That means that anyone who Googles Sessions and Security Clearance will be lead to these fake news sites with no indication the news sources lied to the public.

    CNN May 2017: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politi...ngs/index.html NO RETRACTION OR COMMENT THAT NEW DOCUMENTS INVALIDATES THIS REPORT!
    ABC NEWS May 2017 http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sessi...ry?id=47623316 NO RETRACTION OR COMMENT THAT NEW DOCUMENTS INVALIDATES THIS REPORT!
    BUZZ FEED May 2017 https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoer...QQ#.plpGJjb911 NO RETRACTION OR COMMENT THAT NEW DOCUMENTS INVALIDATES THIS REPORT!
    POLITICO May 2017 https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...earance-238796 NO RETRACTION OR COMMENT THAT NEW DOCUMENTS INVALIDATES THIS REPORT!
    HUFFPO May 2017 https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0265790f4e765 NO RETRACTION OR COMMENT THAT NEW DOCUMENTS INVALIDATES THIS REPORT!
    WaPO May 2017 https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.3d21f7231ec8 NO RETRACTION OR COMMENT THAT NEW DOCUMENTS INVALIDATES THIS REPORT!

    Students in the future and reporters tomorrow will pull up this rotting fake news when researching for reports and theses as long as there are internet archives to do sloppy research. Most will be unable to know that it's all fake.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Members who have read this thread: 47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |