Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Too anti-Trump to check

  1. #11
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    122,594
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Sorry, but "mistakes were made" doesn't cut it in any profession when it happens that often.
    AND is so politically one-sided.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    So if I walk up and kick you in the nuts four times in one week, as long as I say I'm SORRY - we're good?
    Where are my shoes?
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  3. #13
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    20,730
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    So if I walk up and kick you in the nuts four times in one week, as long as I say I'm SORRY - we're good?

    don't forget to retract you boot from his testes between kicks. I recommend a full to the rear limit of travel retraction before each shot :) I mean error :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    don't forget to retract you boot from his testes between kicks. I recommend a full to the rear limit of travel retraction before each shot :) I mean error :)
    See, two of my kids are still under the impression that an apology is a 100% Get Out of Jail Free card, and as long as they say they are sorry, no punishment will happen.
    (They're also under the impression that ANY transgression that they call an "accident" is 100% forgivable, even when anyone can see it was no accident).
    I explain to them carefully that they'll still get punished, and maybe they'll learn to either not do it again or be more careful.

    It was a bad call, Ripley.

    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  5. #15
    _______________ Kyle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    10,786
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post

    Sorry, but "mistakes were made" doesn't cut it in any profession when it happens that often.
    Somebody's been giving a pass to the weatherman for a long time.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If You Don’t Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed." - Mark Twain

  6. #16
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    20,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Somebody's been giving a pass to the weatherman for a long time.
    Hmmm, we have environmental test chambers, hows about some incentive....... you get the weather we got, or the weather you predicted, whichever is worse :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Somebody's been giving a pass to the weatherman for a long time.
    And economists.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    You gonna post something from The Enquirer next?

    Keep deflecting...keep dodging and weaving...keep trying to get the rest of the sheep to look away from the fact that the overwhelming majority of stories have been true; that the standard response from everyone associated with this administration has been to lie about their contact with Russians before the election and before the inauguration.

    Yes, some reporters filed erroneous stories...and in each instance the reporter either apologized or was reprimanded....that is what happens in professional journalism; some stories are just wrong. Humans with a basic level of intelligence understand this.

    Filing an incorrect story that is later retracted is not fake news...fake news is the intentional publication of materially false information meant to mislead the public...you know, most of the crap you post every day...all day long.
    Keep drinking that Koolaid!
    President Trump, the most qualified POTUS in the last 9 years!

  9. 12-12-2017, 05:20 PM

  10. #19
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,533
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    You gonna post something from The Enquirer next?

    Keep deflecting...keep dodging and weaving...keep trying to get the rest of the sheep to look away from the fact that the overwhelming majority of stories have been true; that the standard response from everyone associated with this administration has been to lie about their contact with Russians before the election and before the inauguration.

    Yes, some reporters filed erroneous stories...and in each instance the reporter either apologized or was reprimanded....that is what happens in professional journalism; some stories are just wrong. Humans with a basic level of intelligence understand this.

    Filing an incorrect story that is later retracted is not fake news...fake news is the intentional publication of materially false information meant to mislead the public...you know, most of the crap you post every day...all day long.
    So a) you didn't read the article, or b) your reading and comprehension skills are severely lacking. I suppose there's a third option: c) all of the above.
    “So now the tard pile begins.” - Board Mommy

  11. #20
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,533
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Hmmm, we have environmental test chambers, hows about some incentive....... you get the weather we got, or the weather you predicted, whichever is worse :)
    Do we get to do a drop test too?
    “So now the tard pile begins.” - Board Mommy

Members who have read this thread: 56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |