Judges 7 "You will be encouraged"

seekeroftruth

Judges 7:8b Now the camp of Midian lay below him in the valley. 9 During that night the Lord said to Gideon, “Get up, go down against the camp, because I am going to give it into your hands. 10 If you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with your servant Purah 11 and listen to what they are saying. Afterward, you will be encouraged to attack the camp.” So he and Purah his servant went down to the outposts of the camp. 12 The Midianites, the Amalekites and all the other eastern peoples had settled in the valley, thick as locusts. Their camels could no more be counted than the sand on the seashore.​

Imagine... laying up on the top of a hill looking out at the huge valley.... that valley is full of angry people. They are angry because you destroyed their place of worship! There are so many of them, the camels they rode in on are a numerous as the grains of sand on the beach down there at the bay.....

Imagine God says.... "if you are afraid to attack".... take that guy, Purah, and go down there... "you'll see"

This is from Bible.org.

God has given Gideon the command to attack the Midianites, along with the promise of victory. But God knows Gideon intimately. Now is the time when further assurance is needed. If you and I were honest, I suspect that none of us would have passed up this opportunity for divine confirmation. If Gideon is fearful, he should take his servant, Purah, and go down to the Midianite camp.​

Here's the map....

battles-of-gideon.jpg

:coffee: