Alabama Senate election

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For some reason I'm interested in this. I don't vote in AL, nor do I care for Roy Moore (not because of any accusations, but because he's way too right-wing for me), and we know that if Doug Jones wins he will drop his centrist facade and do Chuckie's bidding.

So, Alabama - whatcha gonna do? :popcorn:

Gutfeld just said, "It's either the pedophile, or the commie traitor." :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
For some reason I'm interested in this. I don't vote in AL, nor do I care for Roy Moore (not because of any accusations, but because he's way too right-wing for me), and we know that if Doug Jones wins he will drop his centrist facade and do Chuckie's bidding.

i'm sitting here, cuppa coffee in hand, trying not to laugh with Gutfeld on a rolling rant!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

finally the lefties make a funny.

image.jpeg

TPD

the poor dad
How can Fox News be reporting that 23% of the vote is in but MSNBC & CNN only have 14% of the vote?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If Roy Moore wins

Or loses, does it really mean anything to either party? Is either scenario going to be taken as a mandate on Trump or the R's in general? I know there's some borderline fringe on both sides that are going to crow about the win, but amongst the middle of the road D's and R's anything?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Or loses, does it really mean anything to either party? Is either scenario going to be taken as a mandate on Trump or the R's in general? I know there's some borderline fringe on both sides that are going to crow about the win, but amongst the middle of the road D's and R's anything?

Supposedly Luther Strange's loss in the primary was a referendum on President Trump's leadership.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Supposedly Luther Strange's loss in the primary was a referendum on President Trump's leadership.

FOX was talking about that. Also, if Strange/Brooks had been the candidates against Jones, they would have been a shoe in. It makes one wonder what McConnell, Graham, et al are trying to achieve.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I love Gorka! He says tonight’s race is ‘are you FOR the Swamp, or AGAINST the Swamp; both sides included in that Swamp’. He is right.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Jones wins. Oh, well. God bless America.

Thanks, Repub elected officials for a thrown election. I am sure you will continue to benefit when the American people are not.

I have decided that I will erase from my memory that I lived in Mobile for 5 years. See ya, AL. Y’all are a bunch of fools. Congratulations! Enjoy your 1 seat gone in Congress. See how that works out for y’all. So disappointed.

Last edited:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
As you all are probably very aware, tonight and the VA elections are just an appetizer. This country is moving left leaning and more progressive.

I’m looking forward to the future.

littlelady

God bless the USA
As you all are probably very aware, tonight and the VA elections are just an appetizer. This country is moving left leaning and more progressive.

Really? You are being sarcastic, right? If you are not, you should be careful what you wish for. You might not like the outcome of a left leaning, progressive country. Actually, I know you would not. I hope you are just kidding.

You like your freedom, right? If you let the left and progressives take over America, you will lose that freedom. Period.

Do you not see what is happening? If you don’t, I can’t help you. So, if you lived in AL, you would have voted for Jones. Gotcha.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
Really? You are being sarcastic, right? If you are not, you should be careful what you wish for. You might not like the outcome of a left leaning, progressive country. Actually, I know you would not. I hope you are just kidding.

You like your freedom, right? If you let the left and progressives take over America, you will lose that freedom. Period.

Do you not see what is happening? If you don’t, I can’t help you. So, if you lived in AL, you would have voted for Jones. Gotcha.

Figures you like creepy old Moore... Creep.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Figures you like creepy old Moore... Creep.

You need to ‘creep’ up with the program, Hankaroo! You can’t just drop in, so to speak.

And, it is not that I like, or dislike Moore. I haven’t lived in AL for 35 years. I just know what is going on in the political world.

And, calling me creepy was uncalled for. So, I am creepy because I can see through what is going on with politics in our country? Whatever. Try, again. :killingme: You are welcome!

Last edited:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Seeing how the “tax reform” has gone and trying to give Apple a 48 billion dollar tax break while increasing rates against the the earning/working class...I get needing to give your “base” what they are looking for, but be a little less obvious about the campaign donors, at least Bush gave us all a significant cut.

This country is moving more toward populism, we thought Trump was bringing that with promises of a trillion dollar infrastructure bill...but look at how popular Bernie was? The left media hated him too. The clock on the elitist has been ticking for quite some time, it’s getting louder by the day.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The republicans dodged a bullet tonight. Given the current public opinion on sexual anything, Moore would have been ground zero for everything negative.

So who will be the next person accused of sexual shenanigans?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Hi Truby!

I told a friend this afternoon that Jones was going to win because extreme conservatism is going the way of the dinosaur. Republicans are finding themselves in the same position Democrats were in in the 60s. We as a country are past the Roy Moores.

But don't get too excited because not wanting to be a crime victim and not wanting to be blown up by Muslim terrorists is still very popular.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The republicans dodged a bullet tonight. Given the current public opinion on sexual anything, Moore would have been ground zero for everything negative.

So who will be the next person accused of sexual shenanigans?

Hub and I talked a lot about that tonight, the pros and cons of Moore not being elected. And, I think you are right that it would have been more destructive if Moore had been elected. I have personal reasons because I used to live in AL, but life is change; so to speak. I just get so pissed off that I live amongst Americans that cannot think for themselves. I take that back a bit...there is a reason Trump was elected. Thank you Americans with functioning brains! :patriot:

Hank

my war
I told a friend this afternoon that Jones was going to win because extreme conservatism is going the way of the dinosaur. Republicans are finding themselves in the same position Democrats were in in the 60s. .

^this

And, calling me creepy was uncalled for. So, I am creepy because I can see through what is going on with politics in our country? Whatever. Try, again. :killingme: You are welcome!

Your creepiness has nothing to do with politics... :smoochy: