MASSIVE DEMOCRAT TURNOUT In Alabama — GOP Turnout 50% of 2016; Democrat Turnout 92% of 2016

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not surprising. Maybe one day Republicans will learn to not nominate crazy extremists with bizarre opinions and checkered pasts.

transporter

Yup...there is no electoral college in Senate or House races. You win the most votes or you go home.

All the more astounding...and potentially an indication that there is hope for America...has America learned its lesson from electing someone as unqualified and unfit as Trump?

R's wouldn't vote for a Democrat...to some extent I can understand that...but they wouldn't vote for Roy Moore...so they stayed home or did a write in. And therein lies your hope for the future.

The message to the Republicans is quite clear. Nominate rational, qualified candidates...or lose.

Again...the R's can learn from this (unlike the Dems who still have learned) and they can move to the middle where most Americans political tendencies lie or they can get wiped out in Nov. The choice is there...the choice is pretty clear...the choice is also fairly easy.

BOP

They'll find out in coming weeks that there was massive voter fraud, including busing in people from out of state in order to vote.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They'll find out in coming weeks that there was massive voter fraud, including busing in people from out of state in order to vote.

I fully believe Dems came out in droves to vote against Moore, and many Republicans stayed home or voted cross party. Moore was a terrible candidate.

officeguy

Looks to me like the write-in voters swung the election.

Only if you assume that those voters would have
- shown up at all
- cast their vote for Moore

The fact that the AL Republicans nominated a turd is what threw the election. Any random (R) state legislator would have won 65/30 without even trying too hard.

Moore did only minimally worse than in his last statewide race. He had a hard time winning before his 1970s quest to find a virgin bride was publicized.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Moore not getting enough votes is why he lost. Stop with that nonsense

It is not nonsense. There were approx 21,000 write-in votes; example Senator Shelby did a write in vote. People could have written in Charles Manson, or whoever. That is why Moore lost. It was like having a third party candidate. And, those write ins were probably mostly Repub protest votes. Repubs are the cause of Moore’s loss.

And, vrai, and others are right...Moore was a terrible candidate. I believe everything happens for a reason. I just do not want to see the lib prog out of their minds crazies gain full power of America, again. That would not be a good thing.

Last edited: