Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 261 to 269 of 269

Thread: Just another day of drama at the White House

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Because I am not like the average illegal immigrant - I would rather improve my homeland than abandon it and improve somewhere else that just has different problems.
    So improve it by complaining how much money you are giving to it?

    How exactly are you improving it if you complain it is taking from you unconstitutionally?

    How are you helping it if you allow the rich to pass laws that enrich themselves further at the expense of the poor and middle class?

    You have quit an inflated sense of self and and entitlement. You are worse than an illegal because you complain about what the government takes but don't appreciate all the services you use and the quality of life you have because of it.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    ... you allow the rich to pass laws that enrich themselves further at the expense of the poor and middle class?.
    Links? Examples?

    Thanks.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    So improve it by complaining how much money you are giving to it?

    How exactly are you improving it if you complain it is taking from you unconstitutionally?

    How are you helping it if you allow the rich to pass laws that enrich themselves further at the expense of the poor and middle class?

    You have quit an inflated sense of self and and entitlement. You are worse than an illegal because you complain about what the government takes but don't appreciate all the services you use and the quality of life you have because of it.
    Before I start answering all of these questions, you are really going to have to answer some of the ones I asked that you are repeating invalidly here:

    How does it hurt the middle class to get a tax cut? How does it hurt the poor to get a tax cut? You are really not even close to valid with these claims - still.

    But, I will answer the final paragraph above - I feel I am NOT entitled to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Dept of Education, Housing and Urban Development, SNAP, trillions of dollars of debt that cost hundreds of millions of dollars per year that could be spent on something useful, National Endowment for the Arts, Dept of Transportation, Alcohol-Tobacco-and-Firearms, and a large host of other things that the government does for which it has no business doing. I have read the constitution, and I know beyond a reasonable doubt that the TSA is unconstitutional. I do not need to be told what insurance I have to buy. I am entitled to my income, yes, but so is everyone else. I do not feel it is a bad deal for me if someone else gets to keep their money, because it is really none of my business what other people get paid to do their jobs unless I am paying it.

    Entitlement is thinking that I owe the government something, or that I am somehow harmed if someone else doesn't pay enough more than me in tax rates. Entitlement is thinking the government must provide me with stuff.

    So, no, you have it - as usual - diametrically opposed to reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Before I start answering all of these questions, you are really going to have to answer some of the ones I asked that you are repeating invalidly here:

    How does it hurt the middle class to get a tax cut? How does it hurt the poor to get a tax cut? You are really not even close to valid with these claims - still.

    But, I will answer the final paragraph above - I feel I am NOT entitled to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Dept of Education, Housing and Urban Development, SNAP, trillions of dollars of debt that cost hundreds of millions of dollars per year that could be spent on something useful, National Endowment for the Arts, Dept of Transportation, Alcohol-Tobacco-and-Firearms, and a large host of other things that the government does for which it has no business doing. I have read the constitution, and I know beyond a reasonable doubt that the TSA is unconstitutional. I do not need to be told what insurance I have to buy. I am entitled to my income, yes, but so is everyone else. I do not feel it is a bad deal for me if someone else gets to keep their money, because it is really none of my business what other people get paid to do their jobs unless I am paying it.

    Entitlement is thinking that I owe the government something, or that I am somehow harmed if someone else doesn't pay enough more than me in tax rates. Entitlement is thinking the government must provide me with stuff.

    So, no, you have it - as usual - diametrically opposed to reality.

    So you do you want to pay for the roads you drive on? the bridges, the firemen who save your home, the police, the people who protect our drinking water our oceans and lakes? the schools , the hospitals

    You want all that to go away and live off the land in the woods somewhere untaxed and unburdened. Well feel free but when people come together and contribute to something bigger than themselves they want the benefit of society

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    So you do you want to pay for the roads you drive on? the bridges, the firemen who save your home, the police, the people who protect our drinking water our oceans and lakes? the schools , the hospitals

    You want all that to go away and live off the land in the woods somewhere untaxed and unburdened. Well feel free but when people come together and contribute to something bigger than themselves they want the benefit of society
    So, the states and municipalities won't pay for those things?

    I'm happy to pay for roads, but not pay the federal government for them.

    I'm happy to pay for bridges, but not pay the federal government for them.

    I'm happy to pay for fireman - rather pay their salary than have people do it as a hobby, as a matter of fact - but not pay the federal government for them.

    I'm happy to pay for the police, but not pay the federal government for them.

    If the drinking water crosses state lines, or is likely affected (same with lakes, etc.) then I am happy to pay the federal government for that help - but 95% should not be subject to the federal government.

    I'm happy to pay for schools, but not pay the federal government for them (especially not have the federal government tell me what must be and can't be taught in my local school).

    I'm pretty sure private hospitals and public hospitals both should be paid for by those who use them - happy to do it, but not pay the federal government for them.

    While I could live off the land, I would not choose to. I would choose to live much as we do now, only with far fewer federal burdens. I do not want to live where my federal government decides what is for the benefit of society, and what is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    So you do you want to pay for the roads you drive on? the bridges, the firemen who save your home, the police, the people who protect our drinking water our oceans and lakes? the schools , the hospitals
    I pay state and local taxes for all of that. Perhaps you don't?

    Here's a quiz for you: What did the Founding Fathers think was a fair rate to assess for Federal income tax collection?
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  7. #267
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    38,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    So you do you want to pay for the roads you drive on? the bridges, the firemen who save your home, the police, the people who protect our drinking water our oceans and lakes? the schools , the hospitals


    no I don't want to pay for welfare queens popping out children like a salad shooter or benefits for all the illegals streaming across the border
    or a multitude of JOBS Programs or farm subsidies, or ethanol subsides or McDonald's to advertise chicken nuggets in Europe


    https://www.cagw.org/reporting/pig-book
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  8. #268
    Happy Creepy Ass Cracka Lurk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I see everyone ignored yelling MAGA from one side of his mouth while telling his Chinese factories to increase production.

    You excuse everything else he does so what about this one?
    You are so stupid you don't realize that the clothing and products being made in China are not from Trump-owned companies. These are Trump-branded products for which Trump gets a small portion of the proceeds for the use of his name.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    You are so stupid you don't realize that the clothing and products being made in China are not from Trump-owned companies. These are Trump-branded products for which Trump gets a small portion of the proceeds for the use of his name.
    Sappy knows nothing of those things; they are not in the talking points lists he operates from.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Members who have read this thread: 74

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |