Allergic reaction

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It sucks when your coffee makes you break out in hives. This started a couple of days ago - I mysteriously broke out in itchy welts all over my arms and legs. At first I thought I'd gotten attacked by insects somewhere, but when they got significantly worse each day instead of better, I started thinking allergy. But what? I'd had nothing out of the ordinary, nothing that I haven't consumed all along.

After another night of restless sleep because of itching and discomfort, it dawned on me - it's the regional brand coffee I got at Publix. The timing is right and the coffee is weird - coated with a whitish substance, the coffee is murky looking, and it tastes sour/bitter. It's a flavored coffee - coconut with chocolate and vanilla - so I just thought it was a crappy roastery who didn't do it right. I googled it and came up with a review site with several other people saying they had the same reaction to this coffee.

So it's good to know what's causing my discomfort. I've been drinking flavored coffee for decades, many different brands, and never had this happen before.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
well that sucks, good luck, hope you fell better

Glad there is a better way to find information - aka the Internet ...

It sucks when your coffee makes you break out in hives. This started a couple of days ago - I mysteriously broke out in itchy welts all over my arms and legs. At first I thought I'd gotten attacked by insects somewhere, but when they got significantly worse each day instead of better, I started thinking allergy. But what? I'd had nothing out of the ordinary, nothing that I haven't consumed all along.

After another night of restless sleep because of itching and discomfort, it dawned on me - it's the regional brand coffee I got at Publix. The timing is right and the coffee is weird - coated with a whitish substance, the coffee is murky looking, and it tastes sour/bitter. It's a flavored coffee - coconut with chocolate and vanilla - so I just thought it was a crappy roastery who didn't do it right. I googled it and came up with a review site with several other people saying they had the same reaction to this coffee.

So it's good to know what's causing my discomfort. I've been drinking flavored coffee for decades, many different brands, and never had this happen before.
Can you possibly get the ingredients list and try to narrow down your trigger?

PeoplesElbow

Sarna lotion works great for getting rid of the itch.

Sometimes it with the other lotion in the store, other times it is in the pharmacy section.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sarna lotion works great for getting rid of the itch.

Sometimes it with the other lotion in the store, other times it is in the pharmacy section.

I got a hydrocortisone dabber, which was only slightly effective, but when combined with the lidocaine I had in my first aid box....ahhhhh....relief.....