Trump’s judicial Nominee woefully unqualified

Sapidus

This exchange highlights how unqualified Trumps latest pick is.

“We only pick the best and brightest”

But his trouble began during Wednesday's confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee when, among a panel of five nominees, he alone told Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., that he had never tried a case in court.

It was all downhill from there.

Kennedy zoomed in on Petersen.

"Have you ever tried a jury trial?" Kennedy asked.

"I have not," Petersen said.

"Civil?"

"No."

"Criminal?"

"No."

"State or federal court?"

"I have not."

It gets worse from there.

Hopefully he will be the third nominee in a row blocked due to incompetence.
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/15/5710...minee-unable-to-answer-basic-questions-of-law

3CATSAILOR

But his trouble began during Wednesday's confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee when, among a panel of five nominees, he alone told Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., that he had never tried a case in court.

"Civil?"

"No."

"Criminal?"

"No."

"I have not."

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/15/5710...minee-unable-to-answer-basic-questions-of-law

Do you mean the one that was "confirmed"?

Rommey

"Civil?"

"No."

"Criminal?"

"No."

"I have not."

It sure does sound like this is about the most unqualified person ever nominated. I guess its a good thing that there are checks and balances within our government to prevent such a person ascending to a federal court.

BTW, who were the two that were blocked?

Sapidus

“The White House threw in the towel on two of President Donald Trump’s most controversial judicial nominees this week, telling reporters for NPR and Politico that nominations of Brett Talley and Jeff Mateer to district court judgeships are dead.”

GregV814

what was that goons name that Bill C nominated some woman Lani Guinire??...oh yeah, what a pick...she didn't get BORKED though or allegedly place a pubic hair on Anita Hill's drink....

A civil Rights THERORIST...kind of like a Community Organizer...

Lani Guinier (/ˈlɑːni ɡwɪˈnɪər/; born April 19, 1950) is an American civil rights theorist. She is the Bennett Boskey Professor of Law at Harvard Law School and the first woman of color appointed to a tenured professorship there.[1] Guinier's work includes professional responsibilities of public lawyers, the relationship between democracy and the law, the role of race and gender in the political process, college admissions, and affirmative action.

Last edited:

This_person

This is actually close to a reasonable slam on Trump. If one is picking appointees for the wrong reasons, surely that is a valid point against the president, right?

Like, I remember when all the lefties got up in arms over Noah Bryson Mamet, George Tsunis, Max "I'm no real expert on China" Baucus, Robert C. Barber, Colleen Bell, Vilma Socorro Martinez, and a host of others. I mean, these were woefully unqualified people, and the right was justifiably upset about Obama appointing them to top spots.