Your Sunday morning fact checks

transporter

As usual, Trump spent his week lying thru his teeth...hey Gilligan...you might want to check out the economy related lies (you know, the ones you fall for every time they are printed!)

Here is this week's Trump Tally from AP:

https://www.apnews.com/673131ac154a...FACT-CHECK:-Trump-denies-knowing-women-he-met

And despite the prevailing opinion on here that WaPo "LIES!!" and is "FAKE NEWS", half of the biggest Pinnochios went to non-Republicans:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-pinocchios-of-2017/?utm_term=.03196eafafa8

Note: If you all can stand to read the actual articles, you will see that both mention Trumps economic claims and both specifically call him out on coal. The man has done very little...he's done almost nothing for the average American family or worker. The most likely benefactor of Trump's first year in office will be...Trump. No surprise there...from his constant visits to his golf courses and hotel properties to the tax plan that benefits him immensely...Trump's most notable success is how well he has used the office to enrich himself and his family.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
92add16d0303ada95a749436d833a868_00b06d8fabeb6b90e195f0284ae96541.jpg

:rolleyes:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
As usual, Trump spent his week lying thru his teeth...hey Gilligan...you might want to check out the economy related lies (you know, the ones you fall for every time they are printed!)

Here is this week's Trump Tally from AP:

https://www.apnews.com/673131ac154a...FACT-CHECK:-Trump-denies-knowing-women-he-met

And despite the prevailing opinion on here that WaPo "LIES!!" and is "FAKE NEWS", half of the biggest Pinnochios went to non-Republicans:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-pinocchios-of-2017/?utm_term=.03196eafafa8

Note: If you all can stand to read the actual articles, you will see that both mention Trumps economic claims and both specifically call him out on coal. The man has done very little...he's done almost nothing for the average American family or worker. The most likely benefactor of Trump's first year in office will be...Trump. No surprise there...from his constant visits to his golf courses and hotel properties to the tax plan that benefits him immensely...Trump's most notable success is how well he has used the office to enrich himself and his family.
If you can stand the truth here is a couple of lies you have told:
The man has done a lot from reducing Obama's BS regulations on business, to bringing confidence in our system (that's what raises the stock market and lowers
unemployment) and now reducing taxes and getting rid of the Obamacare mandate. This is all to the benefit of the American family and worker. Increased value in retirement savings and more jobs and not having to buy some ridiculous health plan to someone can get free birth control pills and tranny surgery.
Mr. Trump visited his golf courses and hotels for many years before becoming President. Why does getting elected President mean you have to live to some one else's life style. I know of no President that has done that. As a matter of fact Clinton and Obama raised their life style by becoming President while the Bush's and Trump have not.
Trump was rich before being elected, nothing he has done in office is going to change that.
I was not happy when Obama was elected (twice), but never did I live with the contempt you have. i truly, and not trying to be mean, believe you need some help with your issues.
Trump is President and nothing is going to change that, like him or not.
Your blind hatred will destroy you...........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This is a flawed "fact check". Read Trump's tweet - the actual tweet, not what they progmedia says he said. Note the ambiguity. Note that he didn't say he didn't know "any" of his accusers. Now consider the timing. Trump tweeted this right after three women went on TV. It's pretty obvious he was talking about them specifically.

#2:

TRUMP: “There is absolutely no collusion. That has been proven. ... So now even the Democrats admit there’s no collusion. There is no collusion — that’s it.”

In this country there is a presumption of innocence, not guilt. So far, since there is no proof of guilt in these accusations, Trump is indeed innocent. One could say he has been "proven" innocent, since he hasn't been proven guilty. Several Democrats have indeed admitted that there is no evidence of collusion. This is clear bias on the part of AP to even bring it up.

The rest of those "fact checks" by AP are highly ambiguous and nitpicky. They're clearly looking to find fault and parsing every word instead of taking the message at its face.

A "fact" is an irrefutable truth. Not something you think is the truth, or want to be the truth, but actual truth that cannot be argued against. To point out non-facts with more non-facts is pointless and clearly biased - there are no facts involved in this "fact checking". If you cannot comprehend that, that's on you.

I have no interest in WashPo's "fact checking" because they've lied way too many times in the past, so I can rightfully presume that they wouldn't know a "fact" if it bit them in the ass, and not waste my time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're hearing more dog whistles and secret messages only "they" can decode.

This from the same people who nitpicked over what the word "is" means.

I'm sick of "fact checks" that not only don't address factual statements, but the refute them with other not-facts. Now news outlets are starting to employ "fact checkers". Hello? Your whole ####ing industry is supposed to be a fact checker. It's like they flat admit that they engage in rumor and allegation, and not facts.

Good grief. :banghead:

That USAToday screed was the most egregious example of extreme bias I have ever seen. Like, ever. It's like some crazy prog got drunk and went on a stream of consciousness. At least they owned it, beginning that outrageous piece with "Our View". Typically these tabloids try to pretend everyone else feels that way and they're just "reporting" it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The most likely benefactor of Trump's first year in office will be...Trump. No surprise there...from his constant visits to his golf courses and hotel properties to the tax plan that benefits him immensely...Trump's most notable success is how well he has used the office to enrich himself and his family.

:killingme:killingme You are such an easy tool to fool. Thanks for the morning laugh to go along with my coffee/

Forbes wrote that Trump was "the most notable loser" on its list of the 400 wealthiest Americans.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-loss-net-wort-wealth-billions-millions-2017-10

GregV814

well, you guys should leave TP alone...her tinfoil hat is on too tight. Dan Rather and Brian William have left her in a constant state of dementia. When I was in elementary school we left the kids alone that wore headgear and went on field trips weekley. So, just smile and
let the short bus roll.

SamSpade

The collusion crap is seriously beginning to just piss me off. If there was anything to it, it would have been found out by now.
Do you realize the timeline of Watergate would have had - by comparison - largely concluded by now?
They're still trying to find stuff, and every time they find something, they learn that it's nothing.

When do you realize it's time to just hang it up?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They're still trying to find stuff, and every time they find something, they learn that it's nothing.

Like a dog with a bone... they aren't gonna let go.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The collusion crap is seriously beginning to just piss me off. If there was anything to it, it would have been found out by now.
Do you realize the timeline of Watergate would have had - by comparison - largely concluded by now?

It's been a witch hunt from the beginning. I'd say a partisan witch hunt, but the GOP elite have been right on board with it.

Mueller better come up with something substantial or he should have to pay back every single cent of our money that he's wasted. He's been at it for seven months with pretty much nothing to show for it. There should be at least something besides rumors and allegations by this point. All that's really been determined decisively is that the FBI is a corrupt political organization and not a true law enforcement agency. Great job, Mueller.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trans and his fellow progs always cite these leftwing Trump-hater media sources, then dare us to read it. :lol: Like we are freaking bombarded with leftiwng Trump-hater media on a daily basis.

How about if you progs get out of your hivemind and consume an opposing viewpoint for a change? That is, if you can stand to hear facts and opinions that don't correlate with your programming.

:razz:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
This is a flawed "fact check". Read Trump's tweet - the actual tweet, not what they progmedia says he said. Note the ambiguity. Note that he didn't say he didn't know "any" of his accusers. Now consider the timing. Trump tweeted this right after three women went on TV. It's pretty obvious he was talking about them specifically.

National Public Radio does a promotion where they crow their "facts" make them superior and there are not "alternative facts" in their news. Unfortunately, they like all the lefties equate their OPINION with FACTS.