I Turned My Coworker Into HR When She Gave Me A Christmas Car

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
For years I have been one of the only Jewish people at my places of employment. I am currently the only Jew who wears a kippah at my office every day. In my heavily Southern Baptist and rural town, one would think I would be quite familiar with the consequences of being such an outsider.

But, as any honest minority will tell you, that singular idea of what America must be like simply is not accurate. This image often lives exclusively in the minds of those intent on viewing the world as a hostile place, filled with bigotry

[clip]

I felt a social obligation to educate her on the inappropriateness of her actions, while inside I intermittently felt envious of the others who so fully enjoyed them. In my loneliness her act of kindness gave me a moment of comfort. I chose to replace that with resentment.

She was otherwise a lovely woman whom I generally enjoyed, but I viewed her as an object of validation to my belief in a totalitarian and fascistic Christian Right attempting to take over the country. Her sheer audacity in providing me with a clearly religious symbol felt like an intentional assault, and in the third year I anticipated it with hostility.

When she once again presented me a hand-signed card, I stood up and marched to Human Resources, waving it in the air as evidence of being discriminated against. I angrily complained that her intentions did not matter as long as I felt the offense and the act itself made working there feel unsafe. So they spoke to her about the issue.

I Turned My Coworker Into HR When She Gave Me A Christmas Card, And She Changed My Heart

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
GURPS said:
She was otherwise a lovely woman whom I generally enjoyed, but I viewed her as an object of validation to my belief in a totalitarian and fascistic Christian Right attempting to take over the country. Her sheer audacity in providing me with a clearly religious symbol felt like an intentional assault, and in the third year I anticipated it with hostility.

When she once again presented me a hand-signed card, I stood up and marched to Human Resources, waving it in the air as evidence of being discriminated against. I angrily complained that her intentions did not matter as long as I felt the offense and the act itself made working there feel unsafe. So they spoke to her about the issue.

This woman needs psychiatric care. And no, I didn't read the story because I'm busy and don't care.

officeguy

A simple 'thank you Rosa-Belle, I don't celebrate christmas but I appreciate you thinking about everyone' would have done.

That said, the story sounds like fake news.

black dog

Free America
A simple 'thank you Rosa-Belle, I don't celebrate christmas but I appreciate you thinking about everyone' would have done.

That said, the story sounds like fake news.

Yep.. Interesting how the lone Chanukah teddy bear on his or her desk didn't bother anyone.

The article is worth the read! :clap: They need to make a Hallmark Christmas movie based on this very article. :hug:

"It is so easy to be offended, so easy to feel hostility and suspicion. Victimhood is attractive because it gives people permission to be judgmental without consequence and feel superior in doing so. It creates a sense of being special, enlightened, and above it all. But this merely traps people in a cycle of bitterness and loneliness as they fight the urge to simply enjoy the holiday season with everyone else. Ironically, the fact that they receive the same gift as everyone else demonstrates their inclusion in the group rather than highlighting their difference."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Reminds me of when I was stationed in Naples, Italy. I'd do a lot of shopping on the local economy. In those days all the places were mom & pop shops. And whenever I paid for my purchases, I was constantly being short changed. I thought it was because I was easily identified as a foreigner. It took about 3 years to realize that I wasn't unique in this experience. They short changed everyone they possibly could. If you pointed out the mistake, they'd claim it was an honest mistake and then give you the correct change. This was back in the lira days where 1 US dollar was around 1800 lira. It wasn't uncommon to have a bill in the tens of thousands of lira.

MiddleGround

Just want to point out (either to the OP or to the source) that their vocabulary is incorrect. Hard to take it seriously when they cannot even edit their own "news."

How does someone turn another person into HR? What is HR in this case? Did they turn their coworker into hemorrhoid remover?

Did they mean to say "I turned my coworker in to HR?"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just want to point out (either to the OP or to the source) that their vocabulary is incorrect. Hard to take it seriously when they cannot even edit their own "news."

How does someone turn another person into HR? -really are you that clueless you don't know how the world works

What is HR in this case? - Ah Human Resources :shrug:

Did they turn their coworker into hemorrhoid remover?

Did they mean to say "I turned my coworker in to HR?"

when you have nothing left ............

1.jpg

Last edited:

MiddleGround

So you knew it was incorrect too? It is just hard to give weight to something when someone cannot even bother to use proper wording.

MiddleGround

Psst... HR = Human Resources

I know the acronym. My point was the word usage. Although, in this day and age of iphones and computer misspelling I suppose no one really pays attention to it. One would think that a news site or source would use it though. I guess not.

However, much like what I said in the illegal alien thread. It is not the fault of the person who used the wrong wording. It is my fault for pointing it out. Welcome to the USA 2017 (almost 2018)

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So you knew it was incorrect too? It is just hard to give weight to something when someone cannot even bother to use proper wording.

Maybe it's not incorrect. Maybe this person did turn the lady into HR, and she indeed became HR.

You don't know.