Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy peasy recipesie

Easy peasy recipesie

2-Ingredient Nutella Souffle

1 cup Nutella
    4 eggs, separated
    A little bit of butter (for non-stick purposes, doesn't count as an ingredient)

(Yes, that's it. That's the ingredient list.)

• Preheat oven to 375.
    • Butter the inside of 4 6-inch ramekins
      (Please do use butter and not shortening or margarine. I'm asking you nicely.)
    • In a large bowl, whisk together the Nutella and egg yolks until fully blended.
    • In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they reach stiff peak stage.
    • Stir in 1/3 of the whites into the Nutella mixture until completely blended.
    • Gently fold the rest of the whites into the Nutella mixture - do not beat or whisk, gently fold.
    • Divide the Nutella evenly between the ramekins.
    • Bake for 17 minutes.
    • Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream, a dusting of powdered sugar, or straight up.

One of the many reasons you should keep a jar of Nutella in your pantry.

The easiest eggnog ice cream? If you have an ice cream maker, throw a quart of store bought eggnog into the canister and churn/freeze according to your machine's directions. Toss in mini chocolate chips to make it fancy!

Candy Cane Fudge

In your microwave! If you thought making fancy fudge involved double boilers and equipment you don't have and don't know how to use, think again.

1 10 oz package white chocolate chips
    2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
    1 1/2 cup crushed candy canes

• Combine the white chocolate chips and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue microwaving and stirring at 20 second intervals - as in microwave 20 secs, stir, repeat until mixture is melted and smooth.
    • Crush the candy canes by putting them in a large freezer bag, seal the bag, and roll over them with a rolling pin until crushed to your satisfaction. You want it fine, but not too fine. You can also use a food processor if you have one.
    • Stir the peppermint extract into the chocolate mixture, then immediately add 1 cup of the crushed candy cane, and combine well. (The reason you want to add the candy canes immediately after the extract and stir is because the extract can make the chocolate separate and be weird.)
    • Line an 8x8 pan with foil or wax paper, then pour the fudge mixture into the pan. Smooth it out on top so it's even.
    • Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of candy cane on top.
    • Cover the pan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
    • Lift the fudge out of the pan, remove the foil, and cut it into 1" squares.

Gran's Sausage Gravy

Sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast was a treat when I was a kid. As a young bride, I wanted to surprise my husband with a special breakfast, so I called my grandmother and asked her how to make her sausage gravy. She thought I was crazy because it's so easy to make it never occurred to her that anyone wouldn't know how. BUT there is a trick....

1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
    1/3 cup all purpose flour
    3 to 4 cups of whole milk
    1/2 tsp seasoned salt (my preference is Misty seasoning, from the famed steak house in Lincoln, NE, but Lowry's or Season-All will do.)
    whomp biscuits
    scrambled eggs

• Brown the sausage in a large skillet or pot over medium heat, breaking into smallish bits and making sure it's cooked through.
    • Do not drain the fat!
    • Do not turn the heat off!
    • *Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and stir to coat well, making sure to get the bottom so it doesn't stick.
    • Add the seasoned salt, sprinkling over the sausage/flour mixture, and stir well.
    • Add a cup of milk, and stir to combine.
    • Add another cup of milk, and stir again.
    • Add the third cup of milk, and by now you should have a gravy.
    • Give it a few minutes to thicken, stirring frequently, and add more milk a little at a time until it's the consistency you want.

Turn the heat off and cover, but don't forget about it because you still want to stir and check so it doesn't stick or get too thick. Make your whomp biscuits (you know, the canned biscuits that you have to WHOMP! to open?) and your scrambled eggs (allow 3 eggs per person....trust me on this). Serve by opening a biscuit, topping it with eggs, and smothering it with gravy.

*This is the trick. By sprinkling the flour and stirring it in with the meat and fat before you add the milk, it coats everything up nicely and no lumps when you add the milk. Because lumpy gravy is just sad.

Step up your grilled cheese game with these Easy Grilled Cheese Rollups. Serve them with cream of tomato soup, of course.

Slices of white bread, crusts removed
    Slices of American cheese
    Butter

Flatten a bread slice and top with a slice of American cheese. Roll up tightly and fry in butter over med heat, turning to make sure all sides are golden brown. Make as many as you want, but be aware that you'll eat more of them than you think.

Feel like you're being hip and healthy with this simple Hummus Crusted Chicken!

4 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
    1 container of hummus, any flavor, even plain
    Butter

• Heat a large skillet to medium and melt a couple tablespoons of butter until it starts turning a bit brown.
    • Coat the chicken pieces with hummus - be generous - and lay them in the sizzling pan.
    • Cook for 10 minutes, turn, and cook for 10 more minutes.
    • Check for doneness, and give it another few minutes on each side if needed.

Baby, it's cold outside! Warm up with this super easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole! (See that "olé" at the end?)

3 cups cooked chicken (this is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken from the grocery)
    1 14 oz. bottle of enchilada sauce
    6 large corn tortillas
    3 cups shredded Mexican cheese (a Monterey Jack blend)

• Preheat oven to 375.
    • Chop/shred the chicken and combine it with the enchilada sauce.
    • In an oven proof medium rectangular casserole dish, sprayed with Pam or some other non-stick, spread about a half cup of the chicken mixture.
    • On top of that, layer in this order: Two tortillas; 1/3 of chicken sauce mix; 1/3 cheese; repeat; and repeat again for three layers.
    • Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and the cheese is melted.

Need an easy and festive appetizer? Try Mini Caprese Kabobs!

2 pints of baby tomatoes
    8 oz package of fresh mozzarella pearls (you can usually find these at Giant - otherwise get the larger mozz balls and cut them into 1/2" cubes)
    2 bunches fresh basil - the largest leaves you can find.
    Olive oil and balsamic vinegar for drizzling
    Salt
    1 pack of frilly toothpicks

Thread one end of a basil leaf onto a pick.
    Slide on a mozz ball/cube.
    Slide on a tomato.
    Thread the other end of the basil onto the pick to secure.
    Do this until you run out of something.
    Arrange kabobs on a serving platter and drizzle with oil and vinegar, then give them a light sprinkle of salt.

Looks so fancy and takes very little effort.

I always thought everyone knew how to do make Easy Homemade Donuts, but I recently learned that that's not the case. So here's how:

1 can whomp biscuits (remember, the kind you have to whomp on the counter to open)
    Vegetable oil
    Powdered sugar, frosting, jelly, or other toppings

• Fill a large frying pan about half way up the side with oil and heat over medium until it starts to shimmer.
    • Take a biscuit and poke a hole in the middle with your finger, then stretch them out just a bit but not so much that they tear.
    • Fry the donuts in oil until brown on one side, then turn and fry on the other side.
    • Drain on paper towels, then dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with frosting.

ALTERNATE:
    You can fry the donuts fresh out of the can, no hole poking, then when cooled use a pastry bag to force some jelly in the middle.

This was a favorite treat when I was a kid, which I passed on to my kids. Not a whole lot that's better than fried dough.

Sounds fancy, so don't tell anyone that this Cacio é Pepe (cheese and pepper) is so easy to make. This is one of my go-tos when I'm starving and need food NOW!

8 oz spaghetti (or bucatini if you can find it)
    1 cup grated parmesan or any other hard Italian cheese
    2 Tbsp butter
    salt
    lots of cracked pepper to taste

• The key is to keep the pasta starchy, so bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil but only use enough water to cover the pasta. You can add more if it starts boiling dry.
    • Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
    • Drain the spaghetti (do not rinse!!) but reserve the pasta water.
    • Spaghetti goes back in the pot over low heat with about a half cup of the reserved pasta water.
    • Add the butter and toss until melted.
    • Sprinkle the cheese over it, tossing to combine and melt.
    • Hit it with a little salt, then add your pepper - as much or as little as you want (I like a lot).

You'll end up with a creamy savory simple meal or side dish.
    Last edited by DeeJay; 01-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 59