USC students asked, "What is hate speech?"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no interest in spending 5 minutes of my time watching a bunch of vapid college students inform me that "hate speech" equals "anything they disagree with".

Chris0nllyn

I have no interest in spending 5 minutes of my time watching a bunch of vapid college students inform me that "hate speech" equals "anything they disagree with".

But have interest in spending 1 minute typing out your non interest in watching it? :lol:

It's interesting (yet not surprising) that "hate speech" isn't clearly definable. Something to remember (for anyone reading) when states try to enact some sort of "hate speech" law.

glhs837

Power with Control
But have interest in spending 1 minute typing out your non interest in watching it? :lol:

It's interesting (yet not surprising) that "hate speech" isn't clearly definable. Something to remember (for anyone reading) when states try to enact some sort of "hate speech" law.

Not sure about interesting. Seems pretty obvious. Like "assault weapon", legislators and other enemies of freedom like generic terms that are ill defined. The more grey space you can build into your legislation, the longer your legislative tallywacker is, allows you them spend the next ten years legislating it to define it every time some court tires to nail your jello to the wall.

black dog

Free America
Not sure about interesting. Seems pretty obvious. Like "assault weapon", legislators and other enemies of freedom like generic terms that are ill defined. The more grey space you can build into your legislation, the longer your legislative tallywacker is, allows you them spend the next ten years legislating it to define it every time some court tires to nail your jello to the wall.

My answer to the Assault Weapon quandary is, any weapon that I carry on my side in Galco Horsehide is a Sleeping Weapon. If I am put in a position that Sleepy needs to wake up, When removed from the warm safe comfort of the Horsehide, when drawn and pressure is being applied to the trigger, Sleepy turns into a Assault Weapon.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's interesting (yet not surprising) that "hate speech" isn't clearly definable.

That's because it's a stupid made up term that the Left uses to label anything they don't agree with. It's an attempt to stifle free speech and shut down discussion, and that is all. Just like screaming "RACIST!" at everything under the sun, and insisting that a guy whistling at you means you've been raped.

As you can probably see, I've lost my patience with this nonsense. At first the unreasonable fit-throwing child is amusing, but it gets old fast and that's when the brat needs his ass beat.

Chris0nllyn

That's because it's a stupid made up term that the Left uses to label anything they don't agree with. It's an attempt to stifle free speech and shut down discussion, and that is all. Just like screaming "RACIST!" at everything under the sun, and insisting that a guy whistling at you means you've been raped.

As you can probably see, I've lost my patience with this nonsense. At first the unreasonable fit-throwing child is amusing, but it gets old fast and that's when the brat needs his ass beat.

It's interesting because at the end, students recognized that shutting down opposing views runs contrary to their "intellectual journey". They recognize that what happened/happens at Berkley isn't right, nor did they agree with it.

At least one girl interviewed seemed to get the idea that while she may not agree with what Trump says, allowing govt. to decide what hate speech is, is a bad idea.

But again, that was all at the end...

glhs837

Power with Control
It's interesting because at the end, students recognized that shutting down opposing views runs contrary to their "intellectual journey". They recognize that what happened/happens at Berkley isn't right, nor did they agree with it.

At least one girl interviewed seemed to get the idea that while she may not agree with what Trump says, allowing govt. to decide what hate speech is, is a bad idea.

But again, that was all at the end...

Whats funny is that recognizing the basic wrongness of this sort of thing should not be a thing you figure out in college after some interviewer leads you to it. This sort of basic knowledge of rights and responsibilities should be built right into both schooling and home life.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

We're at the point now every leftist needs to meet Lucille face to face.