Sweet Frog in Charlotte Hall

Does anyone know if they are closed for good? It would be a shame to see them go, I always booked birthday parties there for my son.

officeguy

The one in La Plata seems to be gone for good. There was talk about the store 'moving' but I have yet to see a new location.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm surprised any of them are still open at all. Charging by the ounce for yogurt with candy, crumbled cookies and crap. Took the kid to one once. Was last time. Way too expensive for what it is.

MiddleGround

If I may ...

I'm surprised any of them are still open at all. Charging by the ounce for yogurt with candy, crumbled cookies and crap. Took the kid to one once. Was last time. Way too expensive for what it is.

Bruster's does the same thing. $6 for a medium ice cream cone!

Doesn't stop the 'herd' from lining up though.

Bruster's does the same thing. $6 for a medium ice cream cone!

Doesn't stop the 'herd' from lining up though.

The difference with Brusters tho, is that you're paying for quality homemade ice cream, not some pre-packaged goop poured into the top of a machine. And Brusters hires lots of good kids trying to get a start in the working world. I'll pay a little more for that.

MiddleGround

The difference with Brusters tho, is that you're paying for quality homemade ice cream, not some pre-packaged goop poured into the top of a machine. And Brusters hires lots of good kids trying to get a start in the working world. I'll pay a little more for that.

You are aware that Bruster's is a franchise right? Homemade??

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I might need a milkshake.

MiddleGround

Yes, and yes. "Homemade" does not have to mean "on site". As close to homemade as you can get anywhere else besides doing it yourself.

So we are agreed. Neither one makes their product on-site and both serve products that are shipped in to them. So, not that different really (unless you are solely basing it on personal tastes which we all know are different)

I do agree that BOTH are wayyy overpriced for the product they offer but, like I said, it doesn't stop the populous from partaking.

So we are agreed. Neither one makes their product on-site and both serve products that are shipped in to them. So, not that different really (unless you are solely basing it on personal tastes which we all know are different)

I do agree that BOTH are wayyy overpriced for the product they offer but, like I said, it doesn't stop the populous from partaking.

Well, you just go on believing what you need to. We are not in agreement.

tipsymcgee

Maybe I'll get one of the old locations and put a "Duck Donuts" in. Those things rock..

They tried a Fractured Prune years ago in Lusby, I believe. Didn't last. We had Duck while in Williamsburg and they are good, and a little bigger than Fractured Prune donuts. Could be wrong but I think you need a resort destination or bigger population for a Duck or "top line" donut shop. Would do great short-term but not long.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A "Luther Burger" franchise might work.

20100803-rub-donutburger.jpg

pbotz

I would not mind if it was closed for good. Too overpriced in my eyes.

However i have heard from a credible source that it will reopen soon. The franchise owner is not doing much to run the place properly and corporate is stepping in. Maybe he gave up on it or is going to sell it but i hear it will be reopened soon with some corporate guidance running it.