Disney - $1,000 bonus for 125,000 employees

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
More winning. These funds will boost local economies.

More than 125,000 employees at Walt Disney Company across the globe will each receive a $1,000 cash bonus, the company announced Tuesday.

Several large American companies have planned bonuses for employees recently. More than 67,500 Florida workers at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club will get paid $105.7 million in increases and bonuses, the company announced earlier this month, while also closing some Sam’s locations. Orlando-based Darden Restaurants said earlier this month the new GOP tax cut will prompt it to spend an additional $20 million on its 175,000-plus employees this year, but did not give specifics.

And this week, about 27,000 Universal Parks and Resorts employees, including 18,000 in Orlando, are among 100,000 or so Comcast employees who are receiving $1,000 bonuses. Comcast, which owns Universal Orlando parent NBCUniversal, announced its bonuses in December.

show them the money

transporter

More winning. These funds will boost local economies.

That is very possible...it is also just as likely that folks will use this money to pay down debt (you know...like XMAS credit card bills)...if more of the money is used to pay down debt there is zero impact on the local economy. Additionally, those who spend the money at Amazon or some other online retailer aren't doing squat for their local economy.

Of course what still hasn't sunk in is that a 1 time bonus is not a raise.

This stuff really isn't that hard to understand.

This_person

That is very possible...it is also just as likely that folks will use this money to pay down debt (you know...like XMAS credit card bills)...if more of the money is used to pay down debt there is zero impact on the local economy. Additionally, those who spend the money at Amazon or some other online retailer aren't doing squat for their local economy.

You make a lot of sense. Certainly, if people pay down debt, they still won't have more disposable income and spend it at home. I mean, it just stands to reason that they will keep paying down their debt to Amazon long after it's paid off. Jeesh, don't people GET IT?

And, you're right, a bonus is not a raise. It's not like they actually GET the extra money or anything. That's why we don't care at all about the bonuses CEOs give themselves - because that's not actually money in their pocket or anything.

I really see your point.

PeoplesElbow

Most of the Disney employees are fairly low paid and young. I would wager 95% of those people don't pay down debts when they get a windfall of cash, most likely to be spent in the local bars.

Starman

Wasn’t it Disney who recently displaced a gaggle of American IT workers with H1s because they could pay them less? Yep, they sure did. At least they were nice enough to keep the Americans on long enough to train their replacements.

Yea, a real class act #######s.

Wonder if that could be the source of this windfall for bonuses?

You people pick some awfully funny things to hitch your wagons to.

#MAGA #ROLLTIDE

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wasn’t it Disney who recently displaced a gaggle of American IT workers with H1s because they could pay them less? Yep, they sure did. At least they were nice enough to keep the Americans on long enough to train their replacements.

Wonder if that could be the source of this windfall for bonuses?

You people pick some awfully funny things to hitch your wagons to.

#MAGA #ROLLTIDE

I think you should tell the recipients that and insist that they give their bonuses back to Disney.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Yep..it certainly was. Maybe they are trying to buy redemption. Whatever.

Starman

My guess is there’ll be layoffs by Friday but the story will be buried, just like Wal-Mart, AT&T, and Kimberly Clark. I’m sure I’m missing a few.

Starman

Better start posting pictures of your boats. You’re starting to sound pretty pathetic again and could use the ego boost!