Cuomo wants to let Dreamers go to college for free

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cuomo tucked a provision in his $168 billion budget plan that would amend state education law to make the undocumented students eligible for the Excelsior Scholarship program, which covers tuition costs for students from families with incomes of up to $125,000.

On Tuesday, he said the state would continue providing Medicaid to Dreamers regardless of any federal changes to the Deferred Action Childhood Arrival Program, or DACA.

But Republicans in the state Senate said they won’t go along with Cuomo’s latest idea.

Cuomo wants to let Dreamers go to college for free

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As long as the state is paying for it and not the fed, they can give stuff away however they want. But we know the Left - they'll want the rest of us to pay for it.

GregV814

wait, wait....If Alexa is a feminist, my cats are "undocumented single, female felines" are they entitled, thats ENTITLED to government assistance, kitty litter stamps, tuition and able to vote?????

Sometime you have to demonstrate absurdity by being absurd....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
the state would continue providing Medicaid to Dreamers

I thought the dreamers were the best & the brightest. They are supposedly providing so much to our economy through their hard work and paying taxes. Why are they getting medical care at taxpayers expense? How does someone here illegally get any benefit?

Agee

I thought the dreamers were the best & the brightest. They are supposedly providing so much to our economy through their hard work and paying taxes. Why are they getting medical care at taxpayers expense? How does someone here illegally get any benefit?

Caught a feature on the news last night. The DACA clan is one of "entitlement". They not only are demanding citizenship, they want free medical benefits and a house! A group camped-out in front of Chucky's house yesterday screaming there demands.

Sad!!!

luvmygdaughters

Dreamers my A$$!!!! They should all be rounded up and sent back to where ever there parents gave birth to them. They are not...repeat...are not, American citizens and therefore, hold no rights as American citizens!! What part of this does the libs not understand??? They broke the law...its just that simple!!!!!

Agee

Dreamers my A$$!!!! They should all be rounded up and sent back to where ever there parents gave birth to them. They are not...repeat...are not, American citizens and therefore, hold no rights as American citizens!! What part of this does the libs not understand??? They broke the law...its just that simple!!!!!

Amen!

Now pass the taters...

Hijinx

Amen!

Now pass the taters...

How can anyone in good conscience give free tuition to Dreamers and charge American citizens.
That is just insane.

If Cuomo wants to give free education to dreamers, then he should give Free college to every citizen in New York.
How can someone who isn't a citizen be entitled to anything not offered to citizens.