Old moldy envelope inside wall

keekee

During our basement remodel, I found an old moldy envelope that contains small,
neatly trimmed notes written in very neat handwriting. They appear to be the
stories, or maybe confessions of a young man. I found them amusing so thought
I'd share. I'm in Town Creek, and my house was built in 1964. Maybe someone
knows who the author is, along with his friends Jeff, Scott and Dave..?:smile:
Here they are, as written:

Me and my friend Jeff were down the street. And we saw a three wheeler. Jeff said do you want to
steal it. I said fk it. We went to his house to get wires. And we went back and hot wire it. We went to
a old railroad truck. I got on it and Jeff was in the back. I jump and ran into a tree.

I went over my caisen house and saw a nice 3HP goat cart. I pull it and start right up. So I got on and
went to the road and did not had brakes. And ran into tree. I went back and get a hamer and dent it out.
It took me a hour to do it.

Me and my friend was drunk at Virginia beach. And we decided to break in to a house. But didn’t know
it had a alarm. So five minute later. The police came. I threw the back way and start raning. My friend
start raning and ran in to a wall and knock himself out.

Me and my friend Jeff want to the movies. And had six movies to choose from. We pick one and watch it.
When the movies was over. Jeff pull a bottle of ink and pour it in the seat. And we went out and wait.
We saw a women coming out crying and she turn aroud. We saw ink on her dress. Jeff said I never saw
a women crying over spill ink. We crak up.

My parents bought me a minie bike. That piece of sht will not go fast. One night me my friend went to
his house and rebuild the minie bike. I got on it and floored it. And didn’t go anywhere. My friend for
got to put the chain on. He put on the chain. I got on it and floored it and let off and it was still going.
I ran into the door and jump down stairs.

Me and my friend was over my house. And had a little party. Jeff said do you want to the drive in movie?
I said I have no money. Jeff said you can go into the trunk. So we went to school first to see what happening.
Scott and Dave was up their and we said do you want to go to the drive in Movies. They said yes.
So Jeff open the trunk and we went in. We to the movies and had a Ball.

1stGenSMIB

So, I am born and raised here in SMC, but I was born in '71. I have a few Q's (& comments)..
-were there still any railroad cars on the tracks in the 60's around here?
-I know the drive-in was still here at Town Creek, but I don't think we had the AMC/Loews 6 movie theatre 'til the 80's..before that it was the Park & the Plaza. Perhaps this was when he was drunk in VaBeach?
-Did they have gas powered 3-wheelers in the 60's or 70's?
-There must have been a lot more trees back then, he and his friends ran into them often....probably contributed to his superb spelling skillz. :howdy:

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
So, I am born and raised here in SMC, but I was born in '71. I have a few Q's (& comments)..
-I know the drive-in was still here at Town Creek, but I don't think we had the AMC/Loews 6 movie theatre 'til the 80's..before that it was the Park & the Plaza. Perhaps this was when he was drunk in VaBeach?
-Did they have gas powered 3-wheelers in the 60's or 70's?
-There must have been a lot more trees back then, he and his friends ran into them often....probably contributed to his superb spelling skillz. :howdy:

Three wheelers? Sure did

https://dirtwheelsmag.com/look-back-from-the-honda-us90-to-the-atc250r/

1970 was when the US90 was introduced.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

According to this, only a few cars used by the Navy to deliver jet fuel to the base still ran the tracks until the mid 60s. Passenger service stopped in 1954. Interesting history about the railroad, which dates back to the 1800s here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_Brandywine_and_Point_Lookout_Railroad

Must have been because your memory is correct. The only other movie theaters around during that time was the one on base and one in Leonardtown, both single screen.

There were but I think he was just a dumbazz driver. :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
According to this, only a few cars used by the Navy to deliver jet fuel to the base still ran the tracks until the mid 60s. Passenger service stopped in 1954. Interesting history about the railroad, which dates back to the 1800s here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_Brandywine_and_Point_Lookout_Railroad

Must have been because your memory is correct. The only other movie theaters around during that time was the one on base and one in Leonardtown, both single screen.

There were but I think he was just a dumbazz driver. :lol:

When did the Park and Plaza theaters close in Lexington Park?

GregV814

Me and my friend Jeff were down the street. And we saw a three wheeler. Jeff said do you want to
steal it. I said fk it. We went to his house to get wires. And we went back and hot wire it. We went to
a old railroad truck. I got on it and Jeff was in the back. I jump and ran into a tree.

I went over my caisen house and saw a nice 3HP goat cart. I pull it and start right up. So I got on and
went to the road and did not had brakes. And ran into tree. I went back and get a hamer and dent it out.

Me and my friend was drunk at Virginia beach. And we decided to break in to a house. But didn’t know
it had a alarm. So five minute later. The police came. I threw the back way and start raning. My friend

Me and my friend Jeff want to the movies. And had six movies to choose from. We pick one and watch it.
When the movies was over. Jeff pull a bottle of ink and pour it in the seat. And we went out and wait.
We saw a women coming out crying and she turn aroud. We saw ink on her dress. Jeff said I never saw

My parents bought me a minie bike. That piece of sht will not go fast. One night me my friend went to
his house and rebuild the minie bike. I got on it and floored it. And didn’t go anywhere. My friend for
got to put the chain on. He put on the chain. I got on it and floored it and let off and it was still going.

Me and my friend was over my house. And had a little party. Jeff said do you want to the drive in movie?
I said I have no money. Jeff said you can go into the trunk. So we went to school first to see what happening.
Scott and Dave was up their and we said do you want to go to the drive in Movies. They said yes.

You know, it would be neat to do an on-line property record search from Maryland...I think its Maryland real Property Search, and see who lived in the house/owned the house in that period of time...may raise more questions or give answers...

PsyOps

Pixelated

Gilligan :jet:

glhs837

Power with Control
SDAT only goes back for the last three sales, so it might not reach. But you might get lucky and someone owned it for a long time.

keekee

You know, it would be neat to do an on-line property record search from Maryland...I think its Maryland real Property Search, and see who lived in the house/owned the house in that period of time...may raise more questions or give answers...

We have owned the house for over 15 years.
The only other owner listed in Real Property is the folks we bought it from.
I don't know how long they owned it before selling to us.
The house was 'for sale by owner' and they lived out of state at the time.
I'm not too hell-bent on finding out who penned the notes.
...just thought they were interesting and they did make me chuckle!