Anyone else working on something vintage?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
...just about ready for test ride with this ole '69 Bronco... Finally got all the steering hooked up.
IMG_0841.jpg

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
'28 Model A Pickup....2 years in the garage
84' Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce 2 years in the garage....

Had issues and no time to take care of them....issues gone.

They are just like boats and women....if you don't take care of them...they go bad on you.....just sayin'

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
'28 Model A Pickup....2 years in the garage
84' Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce 2 years in the garage....

Had issues and no time to take care of them....issues gone.

They are just like boats and women....if you don't take care of them...they go bad on you.....just sayin'

That Bronco in the pic has been a project for almost 14 years now. Other projects come and go...but this one has always been picked at on the side. So 2 years is pretty fast for me. ;-p I did manage to complete the '47 Harley U, start to finish, in about 9 months...probably a record for me that will stand the test of time and never be beaten.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think your real issue is CORONA ;-)

Their older style 12-pack boxes are perfect for storing engine and other vehicle parts; those are filled with valve train components, pistons, etc. Unfortunately, some years ago they cheapened the boxes and deleted the re-useable top. ;-(

But Corona still keeps the projects moving along. "Progress Lubrication".

nutz

Their older style 12-pack boxes are perfect for storing engine and other vehicle parts; those are filled with valve train components, pistons, etc. Unfortunately, some years ago they cheapened the boxes and deleted the re-useable top. ;-(

But Corona still keeps the projects moving along. "Progress Lubrication".

They may be on to something there. IF you brought in "better beer" you may elicit more help and finish projects earlier. Didn't one of your employees allude to this fact in some previous posts? :razz:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I am continuously working on my 2 Mustang II's. Both were in bad shape when I got them. The 78 King Cobra just got on the road this fall after 2 years of weekends busting my butt fixing a ton of previous owners hack/dangerous "fixes". The 74 Ghia was cleaned and tuned up and put on the road a couple of years ago but will be going under the knife this summer for new rear quarter panels and paint. Its has $300 Macco paint job from previous owner now. Try finding parts for these unloved Mustangs. The 74 is different from the 75-78s and the King Cobra is 78 only with less than 1500 T-tops made.

Attachments

• 24231983_10214067479231709_7669532672169850177_n.jpg
    24231983_10214067479231709_7669532672169850177_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Fired the old flathead off today and it's sweet running...can't wait to get the old truck out on the road..

IMG_0850.jpg

There's some foam in that bottle, so I have my doubts about how smooth that engine is running..... :coffee: