10 Ford Radio Question

SpunkysGal

Hi.. question. had some front end work done - now my remote start and my regular radio does not work. The Sirius works (satellite) of course but the regular radio - will play for 1 minute and then nothing - static.. the remote start - beeps once - acts like its going to start - then beeps twice and shuts off. Now - I tried to make sure it wasn't in valet mode and nope. and the reg radio must be hooked up (wire wise) because its still playing for about a minute after it starts before cutting off.. HELP! thoughts? suggestions?!?! TIA...:snacks:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Hi.. question. had some front end work done - now my remote start and my regular radio does not work. The Sirius works (satellite) of course but the regular radio - will play for 1 minute and then nothing - static.. the remote start - beeps once - acts like its going to start - then beeps twice and shuts off. Now - I tried to make sure it wasn't in valet mode and nope. and the reg radio must be hooked up (wire wise) because its still playing for about a minute after it starts before cutting off.. HELP! thoughts? suggestions?!?! TIA...:snacks:

What model and year?

SpunkysGal

Wheel bearings went - but then they couldn't get them off even with a 30 ton press - so ended up getting new axles, hubs, rotors, brakes, & wheel bearings..

PeoplesElbow

Oh man i bet they didn't put in the remote start compatible bearings.

Now seriously, normally the radio will play for about 3 minutes after you turn the engine off or until you open the door. For some reason your radio thinks that the engine has been shut off.

I have also heard of a low battery shutoff for the radio, how good is your battery?

Last edited:

SpunkysGal

Its a fairly new (like within 3/4 months) old battery (not that that matters as u can buy bad stuff brand new) and have taken it to get the battery & the alternator checked and all came back reading ok.. had the batteries in the remote start checked - those were fine but replaced them anyway as I've never changed them out and the car was 7 years old at the time of work (last fall)...