Vermont high school flies black lives matter flag

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Police are assigned to the event to prevent trouble. Talk about irony.

No date has been announced when the confederate flag will fly to commemorate southern heritage month.

A high school in Vermont's capital raised a Black Lives Matter flag Thursday morning in honor of Black History Month.
Students at Montpelier High School, where 18 of 350 students are black, took turns raising the flag in a ceremony attended by hundreds of students, staff and community members.
The decision to fly the flag had drawn criticism from Republican state legislator Thomas Terenzini, who told WPTZ this week that the school was setting "a bad example."

Several police officers were at the event because of protest threats mostly from out of state, said Montpelier Police Chief Anthony Facos. There were no protesters at the ceremony.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Police are assigned to the event to prevent trouble. Talk about irony.

No date has been announced when the confederate flag will fly to commemorate southern heritage month.

Are there any black people in Vermont? .........just asking....

Hijinx

Are there any black people in Vermont? .........just asking....

18 according to the article. Assuming they have the normal contingent of parents we could say 54 at least.

Although some of those parents could be white.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I happened to be working up in New Hampshire a few years ago. I liked it so much I was looking into what the living situation was up there. As I was reading through the comments on a state website focused towards people either moving to or interested in moving to NH, I remember the comment from one M####### (a hole from Massachusetts) in particular. He stated that NH sucked and he'd never move there because the population was not diverse enough.

I was like, "Sign me up!"