Get 'em while they're young

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.weeklystandard.com/inside-a-public-school-social-justice-factory/article/2011402

For decades, the public schools of Edina, Minnesota, were the gold standard among the state’s school districts. Edina is an upscale suburb of Minneapolis, but virtually overnight, its reputation has changed. Academic rigor is unraveling, high school reading and math test scores are sliding, and students increasingly fear bullying and persecution.

And these are the same people who call Trump Hitler.

Hijinx

http://www.weeklystandard.com/inside-a-public-school-social-justice-factory/article/2011402

For decades, the public schools of Edina, Minnesota, were the gold standard among the state’s school districts. Edina is an upscale suburb of Minneapolis, but virtually overnight, its reputation has changed. Academic rigor is unraveling, high school reading and math test scores are sliding, and students increasingly fear bullying and persecution.

And these are the same people who call Trump Hitler.

If you disagree with anything done in this school system you are a racist and unfit to breathe.

By the way who is running this district Jeremiah Wright?

PsyOps

Pixelated
I place this in the category of "you get the government you deserve". On the other hand, these are our future leaders.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On the other hand, these are our future leaders.

Doubtful. More like these are our future unemployed crybabies who can't figure out what happened. They're in a cocoon right now, but there's a big ol' world out there that is going to smash them flat because they have a flawed and unrealistic viewpoint. At some point they'll have to develop skills other than protesting if they want to make a living.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Doubtful. More like these are our future unemployed crybabies who can't figure out what happened. They're in a cocoon right now, but there's a big ol' world out there that is going to smash them flat because they have a flawed and unrealistic viewpoint. At some point they'll have to develop skills other than protesting if they want to make a living.

I'm kind of figuring that, if this is where our schools are headed, this is all they are going to pump out; this is what we're left with in that generation. Generation 'I' for Idiocracy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm kind of figuring that, if this is where our schools are headed, this is all they are going to pump out; this is what we're left with in that generation. Generation 'I' for Idiocracy.

Nope. There are still plenty of schools that turn out achievers and future leaders. This Edina school is an anomaly. A rare Stupid Factory.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The shift began in 2013, when Edina school leaders adopted the “All for All” strategic plan—a sweeping initiative that reordered the district’s mission from academic excellence for all students to “racial equity.”

“Equity” in this context does not mean “equality” or “fairness.” It means racial identity politics—an ideology that blames minority students’ academic challenges on institutional racial bias, repudiates Martin Luther King, Jr.’s color-blind ideal, and focuses on uprooting “white privilege.”

The Edina school district’s All for All plan mandated that henceforth “all teaching and learning experiences” would be viewed through the “lens of racial equity,” and that only “racially conscious” teachers and administrators should be hired. District leaders assured parents this would reduce Edina’s racial achievement gap, which they attributed to “barriers rooted in racial constructs and cultural misunderstandings.”

:yay:

Awesome Change in Teaching.