The Federal Reserve May Secretly Want to Sink the Record-Breaking Stock Market

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Despite its independence, the Federal Reserve may quietly want a bear market that takes down a president that loves tweeting about the stock market.

Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital, told TheStreet the "[Janet] Yellen put" in the markets could expire under President Trump. "I don't know if the Fed has much love for Trump," he said, adding that the Fed had the markets' back during the Obama Administration.

"Maybe the Fed would be happy to see a bear market that could be blamed on Trump." Schiff thinks the markets could easily correct 20%.

One black swan event Schiff sees is the notion of investors abandoning the euphoria over Trump's presidency, which helped fuel the stock market rally this year.

:oldman:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't those who just sold off their shares getting out on the high mark just make a ton of money? Now they sit back and watch a freefall that seems to be based on nothing other than speculation about possible rate hike due to how aggressive the economy is growing. They then swoop in and bargain shop which sways an upswing in the market and the cycle continues.

Seems to me the likes of Soros and company are just making a cash withdrawal.

glhs837

Power with Control
From what I'm reading, this is normal market behavior after a run, and most folks are just talking about buying in at the low, not leaving the market.

transporter

Despite its independence, the Federal Reserve may quietly want a bear market that takes down a president that loves tweeting about the stock market.

Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital, told TheStreet the "[Janet] Yellen put" in the markets could expire under President Trump. "I don't know if the Fed has much love for Trump," he said, adding that the Fed had the markets' back during the Obama Administration.

"Maybe the Fed would be happy to see a bear market that could be blamed on Trump." Schiff thinks the markets could easily correct 20%.

One black swan event Schiff sees is the notion of investors abandoning the euphoria over Trump's presidency, which helped fuel the stock market rally this year.

:oldman:

Um....Janet Yellen is no longer chairperson of the Federal Reserve. Someone might want to tell Peter Schiff that.

Peter Schiff...:lmao:

Please...can you please quote Stephen Moore next!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Let it ride. This is how the market works, it goes up, goes down, but always on the upward trend. Nothing would surprise me anymore about plots to take down the Trumpster, but he has to take credit for the drop as well as the rise, right? That's just what presidents have to do when it happens on their watch. Except maybe obama, of course, and Clinton. Besides, it is still the direct result of the Reagan/Bush economic policies of the 80's that put us here.:killingme:

Last edited: