Tiki Bar Obituary ?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Would be a great spot for a Dennys !
How 'bout miniature golf or go-karts !

Last edited:

GregV814

lets see, what does Calvert need.... a 7-11, maybe a Mexican Food place....we need a liquor store that sells "medicinal pot", oh, I know a Chick Fil-A !!! ...

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
lets see, what does Calvert need.... a 7-11, maybe a Mexican Food place....we need a liquor store that sells "medicinal pot", oh, I know a Chick Fil-A !!! Commissioner Sloppyseconds would like that...

Not to worry, I hear there is a Go Fund Me site set up to save the Tiki Bar.

seven

Funny how everyone bitches about one stinkin day that this place creates. The rest of the season they are open is actually really nice. Smoke a cigar w/ a drink and your toes in the sand in beautiful Solomons.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I had my conspiracy cap on I might suggest that "article" was really a sales advertisement for the property.

A little free marketing publicity never hurts...I'm sure they'd like to move that property. I bet it's bought for townhouse development though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Solomons has to be the only place on earth that doesn't like waterfront bars and wants to see them closed. Everywhere we go along the coast there are waterfront bars and they are popular gathering places for locals and tourists alike, but Solomons? Noooo......they want to close theirs. The SBA has been bitching about the Tiki Bar for as long as I remember, apparently not caring that it's a big draw to the island.

:crazy:

the bar’s traditional opening would not be happening this year but that there would still be plenty to do in Solomons that weekend.

Yeah? Like what?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The SBA has been bitching about the Tiki Bar for as long as I remember, apparently not caring that it's a big draw to the island.

The SBA is bipolar. They complained about the APBA racing event and so it went away. Then they complained about the lost revenue and eventually welcomed them back...and then pissed them off again with a lack of support...

I don't think "they" know what they want.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Solomons has to be the only place on earth that doesn't like waterfront bars and wants to see them closed. Everywhere we go along the coast there are waterfront bars and they are popular gathering places for locals and tourists alike, but Solomons? Noooo......they want to close theirs. The SBA has been bitching about the Tiki Bar for as long as I remember, apparently not caring that it's a big draw to the island.

Obviously not. I went to my share of openings and the bar itself on occasion. I see the SBA cutting its nose off to spite its face and can hear the cries from lost business now as the folks who come to the opening spend tons of cash in THEIR businesses also.

Yeah? Like what?

Watch the otters at the marine museum? :shrug: :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The SBA is bipolar. They complained about the APBA racing event and so it went away. Then they complained about the lost revenue and eventually welcomed them back...and then pissed them off again with a lack of support...

I don't think "they" know what they want.

It's like they've never been anywhere and seen how other communities handle their tourism and local entertainment venues. Like they want Solomons to be some obscure fishing village that nobody goes to so they can all sit there admiring their art and overpriced merchandise and not have to bother with pesky customers. Anything that might be a draw is met with resistance and roadblocks.

There is a way to merge the commercial area with residential - we've seen communities do it successfully all across the United States.