Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Instant Pot stuff

  1. #21
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So who's still using their Instant Pot?
    Just did a rack of Baby Backs Sunday......... boy makes jasmine rice a lot, I'm doing more poached eggs in the am.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  2. #22
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    127,338
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Just did a rack of Baby Backs Sunday......... boy makes jasmine rice a lot, I'm doing more poached eggs in the am.
    Monello made Indian Butter Chicken the other day, and I do HBEs regularly. I did ribs a few weeks ago, then charred them on the grill - OMG!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    No. They are used to make hard boiled eggs.
    It's a pretty amazing contraption. I've used it to make whole chicken the way I used to do it with a slow cooker. The pressure can help speed up the process if you are in a pinch for time.

  4. #24
    Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chaptico
    Posts
    3,860
    So, I'm interested in one. What brands, sizes, etc does everyone use? I'd mainly be interested in using it for main dishes or things that would normally take a long time.

  5. #25
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by getbent View Post
    So, I'm interested in one. What brands, sizes, etc does everyone use? I'd mainly be interested in using it for main dishes or things that would normally take a long time.
    So, Instant Pot is a brand name, and the best known. Others have come after them, especially the slow cooker folks, who have seen sales tumble. Evidently Crock Pots pressure cooker is a pretty solid effort, from the last head to head I've seen. Unless you are cooking for a family of four, big eaters odds are pretty good a six quart will do you fine.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  6. #26
    Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chaptico
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    So, Instant Pot is a brand name, and the best known. Others have come after them, especially the slow cooker folks, who have seen sales tumble. Evidently Crock Pots pressure cooker is a pretty solid effort, from the last head to head I've seen. Unless you are cooking for a family of four, big eaters odds are pretty good a six quart will do you fine.
    We are a family of four. I try not to have too many leftovers though. One kid refuses to eat them, the other only eats certain things leftover, I'm somewhere in the middle and hubby will eat it all, lol.

  7. #27
    Off topic but here goes. Anyone use an air fryer which brand and capacity ? I have cruised amazon but every one of the appliances has a significant number of negative reviews. What works for you ?
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

  8. #28
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Off topic but here goes. Anyone use an air fryer which brand and capacity ? I have cruised amazon but every one of the appliances has a significant number of negative reviews. What works for you ?
    "Air Fryer"? Like Non-alcoholic beer.....
    "I aim to misbehave."

  9. #29
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Off topic but here goes. Anyone use an air fryer which brand and capacity ? I have cruised amazon but every one of the appliances has a significant number of negative reviews. What works for you ?
    I have use a small (probably smallest one) generic one. It actually does a great job on things like frozen onion rings and fries.

    It is just a mini convection oven, nothing special about it.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I have use a small (probably smallest one) generic one. It actually does a great job on things like frozen onion rings and fries.

    It is just a mini convection oven, nothing special about it.
    Same. Thought it worked great for fries and homemade chicken tenders.
    Now I want an instant pot!
    Not to get off topic again, but does anyone have or have tried a sous vide cooker? Seems like an awesome way to cook steaks and other red meat .

Members who have read this thread: 56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |