Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pentagon to service members: Deploy or else!

Blog Entries

Pentagon to service members: Deploy or else!

Over 10% are not deployable.

The Pentagon on Wednesday announced a new “deploy or be removed” policy that could affect up to nearly 300,000 service members who have been non-deployable for the past 12 months.“This new policy is a 12-month deploy or be removed policy,” Robert Wilkie, the undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness, told the Senate Armed Services subcommittee on personnel and readiness on Wednesday.
    The move comes after Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’ memo last year stressing the need to ensure that “everyone who comes into the service and everyone who stays in the service is world-wide deployable.”
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

how many are women ?
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    how many are women ?
    To the gulag for you for even asking that privileged question!
    “Lead paint chips: they're not just for breakfast anymore.” - Board Mommy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    how many are women ?
    From the article.

Another 20,000 are not deployable due to pregnancy
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

In the late 1990's I was made non-deployable by reason of being a single parent with no one available to provide long-term care of my children should I need to "get underway today", at a moment's notice. After well over a decade of service, I was provided an honorable DD-214.

Is that no longer the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

Please pin this for future reference

Pinned, as requested.....

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    In the late 1990's I was made non-deployable by reason of being a single parent with no one available to provide long-term care of my children should I need to "get underway today", at a moment's notice. After well over a decade of service, I was provided an honorable DD-214.

Is that no longer the case?
    Thats interesting, My father was a single parent with my sister and myself in the early sixty's, when he was deployed we were shuttled between my grandfather and a few great aunts and uncles. I've never asked my dad if it was his choice or not.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Too bad. Make them go, or get out and off the pension/pay/disability/medical gravy train. Give them the honorable or administrative, preferably, discharge. Just get them out.
    Last edited by b23hqb; 02-19-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I did not see numbers in the article for short vs. long term care. This is supposed to be a function of medical evaluation boards. On the flip side, what is the recuperation period for an "addadicktome" or "removeadickfromme" surgery? The Pentagon/others keep allowing stupid policies, maybe they should suffer the consequences of their actions.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    To the gulag for you for even asking that privileged question!

I can still see the CNN reports during Desert Shield Build Up .......

I only signed up for the college fund .... or the reports of huge numbers of females that were going to get pregnant
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Thats interesting, My father was a single parent with my sister and myself in the early sixty's, when he was deployed we were shuttled between my grandfather and a few great aunts and uncles. I've never asked my dad if it was his choice or not.
    I had a form I had to fill out saying who would care for the kids. I had no one who could, and thus I was shown the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

Please pin this for future reference

Pinned, as requested.....

Members who have read this thread: 73