Those lovable pit bulls.....

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The saddest part about this is that people will keep saying, "it's not the breed", "it wasn't a pit bull", "someone must have caused the dog to attack". It's never the fact that the dog was bred to take down a bull.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Gonna need a 3 day waiting period, background checks and be at least 21 to own a bully breed pooch.

SamSpade

*shrug* There IS something about the breed. I can look up dogs attacking their owners - but if they kill their owners, it's usually a pit.
You don't hear about someone being mauled to death by their lab or retriever or Irish setter.

My BIL owned a pit mix. A sweet animal that never hurt anyone until it died.
The same can be said for every dog I grew up with, and we had dobes and shepherds.
They COULD be fierce - but they protected us. They never bit us.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Who rescued who?

[FONT=&quot]A young Homosassa woman who was attacked last Thursday by her dog lost a portion of her leg to amputation and her family is raising money to help pay medical bills.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since her dog attacked her on Thursday, 20-year-old Jessica Calhoun has been hospitalized, fighting for her life, according to a GoFundMe page, set up Saturday by Calhoun’s family, which did not want to comment about the incident.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Jessica has gone through two major surgeries thus far, is still on a ventilator and fighting to get better every day,” the donation page states, adding surgeons had to remove a portion of Calhoun’s leg due to her injuries.[/FONT]