Hogg calls for Spring Break boycott

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/967408587512348674[/TWITTER]

“Let’s make a deal DO NOT come to Florida for spring break unless gun legislation is passed. These [politicians] won’t listen to us so maybe [they’ll] listen to the billion dollar tourism industry in FL,” tweeted David Hogg, a 17-year-old senior and student reporter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in Parkland, Florida.

Hogg — whose Twitter bio describes him as a “film maker, entrepreneur, surfer” — co-founded the student mobilization group Never Again MSD, creating the #neveragain hashtag online and calling for a ban on certain weapons and improved care for the mentally ill since a shooter slaughtered 17 people at the Parkland high school on Valentine’s Day. “MSD” refers to his Parkland school.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/2...ak-boycott-florida-until-gun-laws-change.html

:killingme

Yeah OK ... Sure Thing Dude

Last edited:

transporter

So the answer to "how low will you go" is quite clear now isn't it?

You will attack the kids who want change.

You will attack the kids who saw their friends and teachers get murdered.

You will attack the parents of the kids who died and the kids who were wounded.

You will attack the sheriff.

You will attack the FBI.

You attack the companies that no longer want to be seen as supporting mass murder.

You will defend the shooter (by attacking the victims, you defend the shooter). You will defend the NRA (an organization that doesn't care about you, only about gun manufacturers).

You really are a POS.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The NSSF reps the industry. The NRA is in the same business as the ACLU. Just a different right.

Anyone willing to endorse violation, or work to infringe, constitutional rights deserves what they get.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You really are a POS.

:diva:

you attack people here, but OFFER NO Solutions only derision

Attacking Children that want change ... um sure ok you mewling quim
Yeah the Sheriff and the FBI Dropped the Ball .... pointing that out is NOT Attacking sorry the truth hurts

it is NOT an attack to say 'dude your solutions suck'
yet again EXISTING LAWS were not enforced - another mentally deranged person was allowed to acquire a firearm

NONE of the Proposed 'common sense gun control laws' would have stopped any of the mass shootings in the last 30 yrs.
Hell Columbine someone purchased the weapons used for the under aged criminals THAT IS Already AGAINST the LAW.

but go on you clueless retch, keep pushing for an AR-15 Ban

do you see a difference here .....

View attachment 121620

View attachment 121621

Whoops ... I guess there are LAWS That Could Have Been Applied to Nikols

There have been at least 20 incidents involving threats and weapons at schools since the Florida shooting

Broward County, Florida
A 13-year-old girl posted a threat on Instagram that students at Central Charter School would be killed this week, according to a Broward County Sheriff's Office news release. The threat was posted at 8:30 a.m. February 19. The sixth grader allegedly gave two dates: February 20 or 22.
The girl told deputies the threat was a joke, officials said. Her parents, the release said, were worried enough by the Instagram threat to keep their daughter home from school, before they knew she was accused of making the post. The student has been arrested and faces a felony charge of intimidation.

This_person

You will attack the FBI.

You attack the companies that no longer want to be seen as supporting mass murder.

You will defend the shooter (by attacking the victims, you defend the shooter). You will defend the NRA (an organization that doesn't care about you, only about gun manufacturers).

You really are a POS.

Secretary Colin Powell said:
Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.

You make a gross mistake here. No one is attacking kids, teachers, parents, or companies. Read that sentence again. Now, go for a quick walk and calm down so you can have a coherent discussion.

Back? Good.

Now, you have been told no one is attacking those people, but rather people are attacking the positions on repealing freedom and liberty that those people are seeking. The positions, not the people. Don't confuse the two, because they are not the same thing. Yes, I know Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals Rule #5 is that "Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon." and Rule #13 is "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." You are attempting to personalize both the target and the "victim" such that you can ridicule - and that makes you a good little sheep. But, you are just patently wrong, and I'm here to help you see that.

You're welcome.

glhs837

Power with Control

You will attack the FBI.

You really are a POS.

So, you will equate asking questions and expecting answers as attacks. See, this is why people get so annoyed, when the left cynically uses victims to forward an agenda for the exact reason you show, that any questioionning of the victim or those propping them up becomes an attack. Once you enter the political debate, you dont get to use your victim status as a shield against questions. Ask the Sheriff why his people ignored the warning signs, asking the FBI why they took inadeqaute action on the tips they received, those are not attacks. Saying the kids, or the parents of wounded or killed kids might not be proposing valid solutions, that they are being used as shields by organizations with a larger political purpose, that.s not an attack.

His boycott call is ismilar to a small childs threat to hold his breath. Maybe it's not that the politicians aren't listening, maybe it's that they know what he wants isnt a fucntional response. Like many children, he simply doesnt understand what what he wants isnt the right thing.

black dog

Free America
I'm at a complete loss on what to do, my son and I are eating breakfast just west of Jacksonville and with Hogg wanting us to boycott Florida do I not visit my dad and just head back North?
Do I listen to a wise and worldly 19 year old??? What to do,,, What to do????

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Yeah, that's the ticket. Ruin your states economy. Not like it's headin' south anyway.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Spare us your boring virtue signaling. :yawn:

You people can't discuss the issues - probably because you're not smart enough to understand them - so you fling out hysterical, "What kind of monster ARE you??? :cds:" garbage.

Well guess what? You overplayed your hand, just like you did with "Racist!!! :cds:" and "Sexist!!! :cds:" and now nobody cares. Your outbursts of faux indignation have become a joke. A drinking game. Time to move on to another manipulation tactic because this one is played out.

Get creative. You can do it. :yay:

SamSpade

STILL think the idea of getting rid of guns to stop crazed lunatic shooters is - well, it's the wrong solution.
It makes people FEEL good because they're doing *something* but in the end, even if they miraculously succeed in getting
a huge turn in of guns and outlawing their sale - it STILL won't work.

To my ears, it is stopping slander and libel by shutting down all free speech and press.
Don't want people tried and found guilty in the public marketplace? Shut down the public marketplace!

First - it's idiotic. How DO you stop a fire? By banning matches? It won't stop the fire, and it probably won't prevent it either.
How DO you stop a person with a gun - when he's using it? It's too late to "ban the gun".
You stop him with another gun or at least - with deadly force. You make him an offer he can't refuse.
You stop burglars by locking the door. Or getting a good dog. You don't outlaw crowbars.

I can't find the joke on the Internet, but it went something like this - fussy parent doesn't want corporal punishment
done on his kid, no matter what he does in class. "What do you think I should do?" the teacher asks.
"Oh just slap the kids on either side of him. He'll get the message." Indeed.

That's THIS solution. Punish 1000 law abiding people and take away their rights - to *possibly* prevent one crazy
person. Maybe.

You know what we need? A police force that is willing to have their officers do a six hour shift once a month at a school.
Act up in a bar - that's one thing. Act up in a bar whose bouncer is The Hulk - you won't be taking chances.

MiddleGround

I wonder if the kid in the OP was high on Tide Pods when he tweeted that??

I'm thinking he was. What the hell is a "polition?"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How DO you stop a person with a gun - when he's using it? It's too late to "ban the gun".

What Will Gun Controllers Do When Americans Ignore an ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban?

"Those who defend the easy accessibility of assault weapons should meet these families and explain why that makes sense," President Obama tut-tutted last week. But the moralizer-in-chief failed to make sense himself, calling for the outlawing of a category of devices that doesn't really exist.

"The term assault weapon itself, of disputed origin, is a thorn in the side of gun enthusiasts, who point out that the differences between 'assault weapons' and other semi-automatics are largely cosmetic and don't increase the gun's lethality," explains Slate senior editor Rachael Larimore, in a piece taking the media to task for reporting and editorializing on guns without getting the facts straight.

"Because these guns are really just ordinary rifles, it is hard for legislators to effectively regulate them without banning half the handguns in the country (those that are semiautomatic and/or have detachable magazines) and many hunting rifles as well," adds UCLA law professor and gun control advocate Adam Winkler, who has actually done his research.

Winkler also emphasizes why gun owners are so hardened in their opposition to further legal restrictions: "Gun control advocates ridicule the NRA's claim that the government is coming to take away people's guns, then try to outlaw perhaps the most popular rifle in the country."

Gun owners' response is best summarized by one of their more popular slogans of recent years: "Molon labe." Usually translated as "come and take them," that was Spartan King Leonidas I's legendary response to the Persian demand that he and his men surrender their weapons before the Battle of Thermopylae.

black dog

Free America
If we would have boycotted Florida we would have missed lunch at BubbaQue's in Dunnellon...
20180226_121235.jpg

Sapidus

You make a gross mistake here. No one is attacking kids, teachers, parents, or companies. Read that sentence again. Now, go for a quick walk and calm down so you can have a coherent discussion.

Back? Good.

Now, you have been told no one is attacking those people, but rather people are attacking the positions on repealing freedom and liberty that those people are seeking. The positions, not the people. Don't confuse the two, because they are not the same thing. Yes, I know Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals Rule #5 is that "Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon." and Rule #13 is "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." You are attempting to personalize both the target and the "victim" such that you can ridicule - and that makes you a good little sheep. But, you are just patently wrong, and I'm here to help you see that.

You're welcome.

You forgot the part where what you re saying is demonstrably false.

These kids have been attacked as "actors" " Whiny brats" "Spics" "Dykes"

Just admit that you care more about owning an assault rifle than you do about children lives.

If assault rifles aren't the problem and don't kill people why do these shooters keep choosing the same weapons over and over?

Why don't they come to school with knives or pistols?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If assault rifles aren't the problem and don't kill people why do these shooters keep choosing the same weapons over and over?

Why don't they come to school with knives or pistols?

The VA Tech shooter used handguns... so have others. And rifles are used in far fewer gun crimes than handguns are. Handguns are used in about nine times as many murders and eight times as many nonfatal violent crimes than rifles, shotguns, and other firearms combined.

But that aside...The AR variants are simply a very popular and, often moderately priced, rifle

Grumpy

Just admit that you care more about owning an assault rifle than you do about children lives.

I don't know why you progressives trot out lines like the above when you are all in for abortion, obviously you don't care about children.

Sapidus

I don't know why you progressives trot out lines like the above when you are all in for abortion, obviously you don't care about children.

A fetus is not a child. It has no rights and is not viable until 20 weeks. after that things change.

That's why.