Question to the masses. Where do you get your news?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Buzzfeed?
CNN?
WashPo?
FOX?
TheHill?
MSN?
The View?

Feel free to add... and your reasons why?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All over the place. I get a feed with all the name brand players, plus I visit Drudge and I see stories in my FB news feed that I may follow up on. I run by CSPAN a lot. If I see something that interests me or that I think is probably bull####, I go directly to a number of news sites to see what they're saying about it, and if I need background I go to Wiki and worm from there.

The View is for dumb housewives and Buzzfeed is for kids. If you ever want to see droolers having their two-minutes hate, either of those would be a good choice.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
All over the place. I get a feed with all the name brand players, plus I visit Drudge and I see stories in my FB news feed that I may follow up on. I run by CSPAN a lot. If I see something that interests me or that I think is probably bull####, I go directly to a number of news sites to see what they're saying about it, and if I need background I go to Wiki and worm from there.

The View is for dumb housewives and Buzzfeed is for kids. If you ever want to see droolers having their two-minutes hate, either of those would be a good choice.

I do the same, but I don't usually have time to vet the stories. Therefore, I don't share them.

I threw in The View and Buzzfeed in as a joke. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Not the View, it's not news. Buzzfeed mostly for the fun stuff, but also to get a gauge on some of the yutes. Virtually everything crosses my feeds, from RT to the Times of India. No bad news sources, just that every source has a slant.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I split my time between Fox News, CNN, CSPAN. There are others that I see because of links that I see people post. Main thing is that I look for news from all sides of the political spectrum and that allows me to find the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle.

black dog

Free America
When I do actually watch the news vers listening to the shop tv I the background I tend to watch and read the ticker on the bottom of the screen on Fox and sometimes CNN.
I believe I get much better information there than the personal opinions of the host talking.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I believe I get much better information there than the personal opinions of the host talking.

When I needed opinions to help decipher a convoluted issue, I'd go to CNN and Fox because you could get a good cross-section of takes, then extrapolate from there. In the last couple of years, every time I turn on CNN it's some raving maniac foaming at the mouth, or a bull#### story about some inconsequential thing The Donald has done - like getting two scoops of ice cream. After awhile of this, I concluded that CNN's audience must be rock stupid if that's the sort of nonsense they want shoveled into their "brain", and I stopped watching.

Very occasionally I would roll over to MSNBC to see what the kids were up to. First I could no longer watch Keith Olbermann; then I could no longer watch Rachel Maddow; then I could no longer watch their "regular news" and last but not least I could no longer watch Morning Joe. All that hate and venom is just sickening and I have to question the sanity of anyone who can sit through that.

Now the only TV news I watch is local and Fox. I'll still go to CNN.com and a few others, but MSNBC in all its forms is completely for the mentally ill and really should be shut down. We either want to stop the hatred and violence in this country, or we don't.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You're doomed!

Not really. I read WSJ,WAPO, B’more Sun, USA Today and Miami Herald in the morning.
I watch Fox, CNBC, CNN and HLN sporadically during the day. NBC w/Lester Holt in the evening along with local DC news

black dog

Free America
When I needed opinions to help decipher a convoluted issue, I'd go to CNN and Fox because you could get a good cross-section of takes, then extrapolate from there. In the last couple of years, every time I turn on CNN it's some raving maniac foaming at the mouth, or a bull#### story about some inconsequential thing The Donald has done - like getting two scoops of ice cream. After awhile of this, I concluded that CNN's audience must be rock stupid if that's the sort of nonsense they want shoveled into their "brain", and I stopped watching.

Very occasionally I would roll over to MSNBC to see what the kids were up to. First I could no longer watch Keith Olbermann; then I could no longer watch Rachel Maddow; then I could no longer watch their "regular news" and last but not least I could no longer watch Morning Joe. All that hate and venom is just sickening and I have to question the sanity of anyone who can sit through that.

Now the only TV news I watch is local and Fox. I'll still go to CNN.com and a few others, but MSNBC in all its forms is completely for the mentally ill and really should be shut down. We either want to stop the hatred and violence in this country, or we don't.

I can do about 4 minutes of MSNBC, and out of my mouth comes " who the #### turned that on? "

ShyGirl

In addition to the ones previously mentioned, I check financial websites to see what news they talk about, Canadian News or the BBC for an outside-the-US view, Military Times and I will also pick cities outside of the beltway to see what national news they include and what the tone of the report seems to be.