I would like to know the answer to this

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why Does The Media Care More About The Parkland Shooting Than It Ever Did About Las Vegas?

If you recall, dozens upon dozens of people were gunned down in Las Vegas on October 1. There were 58 fatalities in total. Another 422 injuries. That's 480 casualties — 480 casualties — and I'm not even counting the hundreds more injured by trampling or shrapnel. It was the worst mass shooting in modern American history by a mile. It had more casualties than Orlando, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and Parkland combined — times two. And it was carried out in the middle of a major American city.

Yet that terrible massacre seemed to fade from the headlines rapidly and inexplicably.

I gotta tell you, my conspiracy antenna is thwanging hard.

Frankly, if so many of us weren't such mindless easily manipulated durhards, we would have answers to Las Vegas. But the media masters tell us to look exclusively at Parkland, so we do.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Why Does The Media Care More About The Parkland Shooting Than It Ever Did About Las Vegas?

If you recall, dozens upon dozens of people were gunned down in Las Vegas on October 1. There were 58 fatalities in total. Another 422 injuries. That's 480 casualties — 480 casualties — and I'm not even counting the hundreds more injured by trampling or shrapnel. It was the worst mass shooting in modern American history by a mile. It had more casualties than Orlando, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and Parkland combined — times two. And it was carried out in the middle of a major American city.

Yet that terrible massacre seemed to fade from the headlines rapidly and inexplicably.

Frankly, if so many of us weren't such mindless easily manipulated durhards, we would have answers to Las Vegas. But the media masters tell us to look exclusively at Parkland, so we do.

Ratings.....pure and simple

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

IMHO - because there is NO Explanation other than some mean to do evil ....

yeah the Parkland Shooter meant to do evil, but he has more of a digital media tail ..... he was reported multiple times to 2 different law enforcement organizations

nobody really knew what the Vegas shooter was about and AFAIK, still do not.

17 dead in a school shooting makes a better news story that 488 killed and wounded at a County Western Concert in Vegas

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Another Trump Hating Democrat.

I'm thinking gun runner gone rogue.

No idea, really, but there is something going on. A shooting that spectacular shouldn't have just been buried.

I guess until the news heads tell people to care, they'll just sit there with their finger in their nose and cry about the millions of babies every day who are gunned down by Donald Trump.

This_person

In Vegas, it was adults at a country music concert.

In FL, it was KIDS and we HAVE TO HELP THE KIDS (in order to make a mountain out of a molehill to further our cause of disarming citizens)

Cue someone coming on to say that I must love kids dying because of my tiny letters there saying it is a mountain out of a molehill.

1 in 65,000 kids 10-14 will successfully commit suicide. Suicide is the third leading cause of death for 15-24 year olds. Thirty thousand people commit suicide a year - every 16.2 minutes. So, let's not stress mental health improvement by encouraging people to go into the field of psychology, or stress helping those with depression.

Why?

Well, almost 80% of people who successfully commit suicide are male. No one gives a flying #### about males, because they're not cute on TV commercials, and males do not stir the protective feelings of other males (and, usually, not of females either, though more for females than males). And, once the pills are administered, there's very little money to be made helping people with mental health issues - it's a net cost, not a net gain.

But, let's worry about 19 kids on average per year who die in school mass shootings instead of 30,000 people committing suicide. Kids sell the emotions.