How do the anti gunners propose to confiscate almost 300,000,000 guns?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Has anyone read anything about this?
Are they proposing an Australian type turn in?
Door to door searches?

I don’t watch a lot of the liberal news shows so I haven’t seen much about this.
How about you anti-gun forumites, what’s your solution?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I believe the real number is closer to 450,000,000....

...not that that matters much. ;-)

transporter

Has anyone read anything about this?
Are they proposing an Australian type turn in?
Door to door searches?

I don’t watch a lot of the liberal news shows so I haven’t seen much about this.
How about you anti-gun forumites, what’s your solution?

Honestly, the solution for you and the rest of the ignorati is to get your collective heads out of your collective asses.

The rationale proposals that are being made have nothing to do with confiscating every gun held by "law abiding citizens". That is a red herring propagated by the NRA and the gun manufactures for dimwits and people who are afraid of your own shadow. The general proposals being made involve raising the minimum purchase age for certain weapons...enhancing the background check process...

Just to put a finer point on the stupidity of your question...during a town hall meeting near the end of his presidency our last President made the exact same f***ing point. He said something to the effect of...there is no effort underway to confiscate all the guns in America...there is no logical way to do so (kinda like deporting 12 million illegal immigrants...if you can understand the parallel...which you probably can't).

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Honestly, the solution for you and the rest of the ignorati is to get your collective heads out of your collective asses.

The rationale proposals that are being made have nothing to do with confiscating every gun held by "law abiding citizens". That is a red herring propagated by the NRA and the gun manufactures for dimwits and people who are afraid of your own shadow. The general proposals being made involve raising the minimum purchase age for certain weapons...enhancing the background check process...

Just to put a finer point on the stupidity of your question...during a town hall meeting near the end of his presidency our last President made the exact same f***ing point. He said something to the effect of...there is no effort underway to confiscate all the guns in America...there is no logical way to do so (kinda like deporting 12 million illegal immigrants...if you can understand the parallel...which you probably can't).

There are a lot of people in the USA who would like to see this happen. I was directing my thread towards them. So you add nothing but your usual venom.

As for Obama on “no effort underway to confiscate all the guns in the USA”, he also stated I could keep health plans and my doctor, which I was unable to do either.

Sapidus

There are a lot of people in the USA who would like to see this happen. I was directing my thread towards them. So you add nothing but your usual venom.

As for Obama on “no effort underway to confiscate all the guns in the USA”, he also stated I could keep health plans and my doctor, which I was unable to do either.

I bet you would not find as many people as you believe who want a full gun ban. I think the NRA and the GOP have done a good job of framing it as us vs them .

I don’t think all guns should be banned.

I think the ones that were designed as weapons of war capable of killing dozens of people in minutes need to be reserved for police and military.

I also think all guns should have a serial number that is registered to you as the owner like a car title and transfers on sale or gift.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I bet you would not find as many people as you believe who want a full gun ban. I think the NRA and the GOP have done a good job of framing it as us vs them .

I think the ones that were designed as weapons of war capable of killing dozens of people in minutes need to be reserved for police and military.

I also think all guns should have a serial number that is registered to you as the owner like a car title and transfers on sale or gift.

We the People ARE the military if need arises, so I agree with you here. Read the document.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The rationale proposals that are being made have nothing to do with confiscating every gun held by "law abiding citizens".

actually if you read the language of the dem, bill it goes way beyond just making AR-15s Illegal

This_person

I don't think all speech should be banned, either. But, if someone speaks out against the government's positions, that sews unrest in the country and is not good for law and order. Speech debating the pros and cons of positions should be reserved only for elected politicians to minimize any unrest in the country.

That makes just as much sense as what you said. It's not an analogy, it's a parallel. :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

which one short bus

14-Springfield-M1-A-1024x281.jpg

M4A1_ACOG.jpg

Mini.jpg

Sapidus

I don't think all speech should be banned, either. But, if someone speaks out against the government's positions, that sews unrest in the country and is not good for law and order. Speech debating the pros and cons of positions should be reserved only for elected politicians to minimize any unrest in the country.

That makes just as much sense as what you said. It's not an analogy, it's a parallel. :lol:

More bad analogies. Try sticking to the conversation. As I’ve told you before you only confuse yourself when you try these comparisons.

You should look up the case of Hitman: a technical manual for independent contractors.

You might learn that free speech is actually restricted already. Such as in cases where it threatens the lives of others.

This_person

You should look up the case of Hitman: a technical manual for independent contractors.

You might learn that free speech is actually restricted already. Such as in cases where it threatens the lives of others.

Bad analogy - the ability to overthrow the government is MEANT to be threatening to the life of others. If you look up "US Constitution - why do we have a second amendment" you might learn some stuff yourself.

Sapidus

Bad analogy - the ability to overthrow the government is MEANT to be threatening to the life of others. If you look up "US Constitution - why do we have a second amendment" you might learn some stuff yourself.

You just proved you don’t understand an analogy. Proof enough you shouldn’t try to make them.

What I did was make a comparison and show you where you were wrong and could get more information.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've seen from Sap and AwPitt - two people I would never put together in any other circumstance - that "bad analogy" means, "I can't refute your point, so I'll ignore it."

At least one of those two is a real person...and it ain't the Sappy one.