Yet another T-bone accident at Deloitte building!!!

MiddleGround

There was yet another T-bone accident just in front of the Deloitte building (across from NFCU on 235)

Another instance of someone trying to make a U-turn onto NB 235 during afternoon rush hour and an idiot racing up the merge lane to get ahead hit them doing about 45-50MPH! This is the 4th time I personally have seen this type of accident at that exact place in the last 6 months! Do the sheriffs do anything about this? Do they patrol that area at all? I never see one on the road during this time.

Does it take fatalities to get someone to do their job around here??

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There was yet another T-bone accident just in front of the Deloitte building (across from NFCU on 235)

Another instance of someone trying to make a U-turn onto NB 235 during afternoon rush hour and an idiot racing up the merge lane to get ahead hit them doing about 45-50MPH! This is the 4th time I personally have seen this type of accident at that exact place in the last 6 months! Do the sheriffs do anything about this? Do they patrol that area at all? I never see one on the road during this time.

Does it take fatalities to get someone to do their job around here??

At least it wasn't another guy on a bike ending up dead in the ditch.

MiddleGround

I hope you are not suggesting another light. And I have seen LEOs sitting in the Deloitte driveway many times.

Not suggesting a light. I am suggesting LEOs actually police the area and start giving these 'lane runners' hefty fines. It is an every-single-day occurrence.

In the limited time I have been driving this route, I have only seen LEO in that area 2 times. And that is MONTHS!

All that needs to be done is close that turnaround so people go a couple hundred feet further south to make a u-turn at a much better intersection at the rib place, or at the traffic light on Exploration. As long as you give them an opportunity to be bad drivers they will be.

As far as the folks using the turn lane as an express lane, those folks eventually get what they deserve; an accident or a ticket.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not suggesting a light. I am suggesting LEOs actually police the area and start giving these 'lane runners' hefty fines. It is an every-single-day occurrence.

In the limited time I have been driving this route, I have only seen LEO in that area 2 times. And that is MONTHS!

I've been making the commute through there since 1992. I have seen them patrol plenty of times, but they can't catch every one of them. If you get yourself all wrapped around the axle, your going to have a stroke.

MiddleGround

All that needs to be done is close that turnaround so people go a couple hundred feet further south to make a u-turn at a much better intersection at the rib place, or at the traffic light on Exploration.

Good idea. Funnel them down to Exploration to the light already in use. :yay:

MiddleGround

I've been making the commute through there since 1992. I have seen them patrol plenty of times...

Someone here in my office just told me that the sheriff does not let his people patrol 235 during rush hour. Says it's "too dangerous for his deputies." Is this true?

If it is then, how have you seen them "plenty of times?"

Someone here in my office just told me that the sheriff does not let his people patrol 235 during rush hour. Says it's "too dangerous for his deputies." Is this true?

I see them patrolling 235 during rush hour quite often.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

:baby:

Grumpy

Have seen LEO's watching for the "lane runners" and know quite a few that have been ticketed, but I wish they would step it up a bit more. I'd like authority to ticket these lane runners for 1 day and given 10% of the fines..I would make bank.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Have seen LEO's watching for the "lane runners" and know quite a few that have been ticketed, but I wish they would step it up a bit more. I'd like authority to ticket these lane runners for 1 day and given 10% of the fines..I would make bank.

Have you ever noticed that it never happens going SB in the mornings?

Where do you see them at? If I do see them, it is usually north of Airport Road. I hardly ever see one between Gate 3 and Route 4.
I travel between route 4 intersection and gate one and I typically see them patrolling and also parked a watching. They are not always in marked vehicles, but if you look you can see they are police on patrol.

glhs837

Power with Control
1. U-turns during rush hour should be prohibited at those cut-throughs. And the chruch people on Sundays scare the crap out of me :)

2. Saw a very close call between I think 5:50 and a little after six between Buck Hewitt and San Souci. All lanes stopped waiting for the light, passenger sedan in front of an SUV the right lane decided to get into the right turn lane. Just darted over as some jackwagon coming from Sheetz north at 30 or better in that dedicate turn lane had to lock them up. Honestly amazed they didnt crrash.

3. During the Sheriffs push for red light cameras onRt 235 a few years back, he said that given the traffic volume, he didnt feel it was safe for his people to be out there.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0116/red-light-camera-pros-and-cons-debated.html

“Route 235 is unsafe for officers to do enforcement,” Cpl. Brian Connelly of the Traffic Safety Unit of the Special Operations Division argued. He said there weren’t safe places for officers to observe traffic and once they stopped a vehicle for running a red light then one of the lanes of traffic becomes blocked or if the driver pulls into a business then that parking lot becomes impacted.

During his presentation Sheriff Cameron emphasized Connelly’s remarks. He said he doesn’t feel safe when making stops along that route. But he insisted that his department wasn’t giving up on enforcement there because of the safety issues. He added that the peak times for traffic on Route 235 are also peak times for other law enforcement issues, spreading his patrols thin.

4. I agree that misuse of the turn lane is maybe the biggest safety risk on that stretch during rush hours. And that enforcement has been irregular at best. I think the vehicels seen at the Delottie bldg have all been state during rush hours. With the Sheriffs folks out there keeping things safe at 10ams on Sunday morning doing speed enforcement.