Nice drive this morning from Owings to St. Mary's College

steppinthrax

Left the house at around 6:00 am (Owings, MD), got to St. Mary's College at 6:54. Not a car in sight, all the traffic lights green in Prince Frederick. Guess what speed I was driving solid along the way. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
math - 55mph

common core math - transgender recycled green beans

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
its only 47 miles from owings to college..... Goggle says RIGHT now is only 1hr 1 minutes, sooooooooooo somethings wrong with your timing. thats 7 minutes savings, that early your right, no traffic and not bad light timing.... if you dont have a radar detector and have sacrificial lambs in front to trigger popo's gun, you are asking for trouble....

steppinthrax

its only 47 miles from owings to college..... Goggle says RIGHT now is only 1hr 1 minutes, sooooooooooo somethings wrong with your timing. thats 7 minutes savings, that early your right, no traffic and not bad light timing.... if you dont have a radar detector and have sacrificial lambs in front to trigger popo's gun, you are asking for trouble....

In the 7 years that I've been here I've never been pulled over by Calvert County police. But you are probably right not worth it. I guess I started slowing down and taking it easy when I crossed the bridge.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm going to guess if you drive 80 everywhere you go that will change..

Yeah, I wont exceed 64 on Rt 4, knowing that Sheriff Evans has built his rep on "Speed Kills" and sets his enforcement to match. If I have a "rabbit" in front of me to draft, sure, but barring that, I'm Mr. 9MPH Over.

SamSpade

In the 7 years that I've been here I've never been pulled over by Calvert County police. But you are probably right not worth it. I guess I started slowing down and taking it easy when I crossed the bridge.

Wow. I've been pulled over TWICE in the same area, the stretch between the power plant and St Leonard.
There have been whole mornings where the cops are in full force nailing speeders left and right.
I'd take it easy - your luck WILL run out.

TPD

the poor dad
This afternoon on the southbound side of Rt 4 between White Sands & Cove Point I saw a Calvert Deputy sitting in a chair in the grassy area, almost in the ditch, on the side of the road with a radar gun. His car was way off the road so you didn’t see it or know what was happening till you got right up on him. A half mile down the road were three chase cars - one had a victim. Luckily I had gotten the flashing headlights from a northbound truck a mile before approach so had time to back her down to about 59.

Which brings up another point - why don’t more people flash their headlights anymore warning of cops ahead? This is just common courtesy in my opinion. I still do it for others....

glhs837

Power with Control
This afternoon on the southbound side of Rt 4 between White Sands & Cove Point I saw a Calvert Deputy sitting in a chair in the grassy area, almost in the ditch, on the side of the road with a radar gun. His car was way off the road so you didn’t see it or know what was happening till you got right up on him. A half mile down the road were three chase cars - one had a victim. Luckily I had gotten the flashing headlights from a northbound truck a mile before approach so had time to back her down to about 59.

Which brings up another point - why don’t more people flash their headlights anymore warning of cops ahead? This is just common courtesy in my opinion. I still do it for others....

Well, there have been enough cases of citizens being arrested for doing just that. Usually, if it's pursued, the department loses, but by that time the citizens has spent a considerable wad of cash and time defending themselves. I wont unless I know the officer doesn't have a clear line of sight. on me.

What cracks me up is that none of Calverts crashes are caused by speed. Its always some chucklehead pulling out in front of someone. Well, except that officer who outdrove his lights and sirens and killed that young lady. That was caused by speed. But speed enforcements easy. Big numbers, little time invested. And it is election year.......

1stGenSMIB

My wife's car has those Xenon headlights..it takes a second for them to ramp up when the switch is flipped, and I suspect that is also the reason Audi disabled the momentary "flash" feature on the stalk (but I assume it works for other models of the car without Xenon headlights). My old school technologically deficient Honda still flashes the high beams just fine, so it would depend on which car I am driving as to whether you get the flash from me.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My wife's car has those Xenon headlights..it takes a second for them to ramp up when the switch is flipped, and I suspect that is also the reason Audi disabled the momentary "flash" feature on the stalk (but I assume it works for other models of the car without Xenon headlights). My old school technologically deficient Honda still flashes the high beams just fine, so it would depend on which car I am driving as to whether you get the flash from me.

I have HID high beams.. the first time you turn them on or flash them it takes a half second for them to ignite.. after that they flash like normal high beams.