Wrong Way Driver Hits Two Cars on Chancellors Run Road in Great Mills

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at approximately 7:30 p.m., firefighters from Bay District and Hollywood Volunteer Fire Departments responded to Chancellors Run Road, in the area of Frank Hayden Lane, in Great Mills for a motor vehicle accident.

A red Subaru passenger vehicle occupied one time was traveling east in the westbound lane and struck two vehicles, the first vehicle was side swiped and the second, head on.

The driver of the at fault Subaru had to be extracted by firefighters.

All the patients were taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Troopers from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack and Deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4309...-cars-on-chancellors-run-road-in-great-mills/

Praying all involved are okay. I got caught up in it very shortly after it happened and was fortunate to be able to turn around to take an alternate route home. I was annoyed at myself for not noticing a bag of flour was ripped open but thankful that the SFW store clerk noticed, so the few minutes I spent to retrieve a new one quite possibly helped me avoid being part of this. There but for the grace of God go I.

luvmygdaughters

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4309...-cars-on-chancellors-run-road-in-great-mills/

Praying all involved are okay. I got caught up in it very shortly after it happened and was fortunate to be able to turn around to take an alternate route home. I was annoyed at myself for not noticing a bag of flour was ripped open but thankful that the SFW store clerk noticed, so the few minutes I spent to retrieve a new one quite possibly helped me avoid being part of this. There but for the grace of God go I.

Thank God for ripped flour bag. I had a similar experience, forgot my glasses at home, turned around to get them and missed a very serious accident on 5.

glhs837

Power with Control
So somenbody pulled out of somewhere and just went the wrong way. Either impaired in some way or simply not familiar.

FED_UP

Traffic was backed up there as usual heading to 235, I think someome wanted to get to ABC and went down that side purposely at the light before the 235 light hoping to beat any cars coming. People here are ruthless during rush our peak.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Traffic was backed up there as usual heading to 235, I think someome wanted to get to ABC and went down that side purposely at the light before the 235 light hoping to beat any cars coming. People here are ruthless during rush our peak.

Nothing I need is worth endangering others.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So somenbody pulled out of somewhere and just went the wrong way. Either impaired in some way or simply not familiar.

It was raining pretty hard then and that was my first thought.

It happened at 7:30 pm so rush hour is not a factor. Heavy rain and very diminished visibility are more likely causes.

glhs837

Power with Control

It happened at 7:30 pm so rush hour is not a factor. Heavy rain and very diminished visibility are more likely causes.

And, of course, that cross road is pretty far back from the Hickory Hills. Like more than 1/2 a mile, so anyone thinking they could ride the opposing lanes that far is insane or drunk.

FED_UP

Yep it was about 7:30 because I turned around when I saw the fire trucks ahead, but I don't recall any heavy rains yesterday, well at least not in Great Mills area. Someone in the forums knows the truth, but we "Cant handle the truth".

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And, of course, that cross road is pretty far back from the Hickory Hills. Like more than 1/2 a mile, so anyone thinking they could ride the opposing lanes that far is insane or drunk.

I am thinking confusion at this point based on the weather conditions.

Yep it was about 7:30 because I turned around when I saw the fire trucks ahead, but I don't recall any heavy rains yesterday, well at least not in Great Mills area. Someone in the forums knows the truth, but we "Cant handle the truth".

I don't know what "the truth" is supposed to be, but I drove from San Souci to Chancellor's Run Road and it was coming down hard enough to impair vision greatly and also collect on the road surface.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Similar experience yesterday. Stayed at work 20 extra minutes and missed being in the middle of a very violent accident on the Beltway where the car either flipped or hit one of the sound barrier wall things. Looked brutal whatever happened.