Pardoned Sailor Saucier Says Obama DOJ Used Him As A Hillary ‘Scapegoat’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Saucier was charged and jailed in October 2016 for taking photos onboard a nuclear submarine in 2009. He believes his case was an attempt by the Obama administration to “take the heat” off of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server at the State Department.

“It’s unfortunate that one prosecutor and a couple of FBI agents really just destroyed my life for no reason,” he told Hegseth. “This case could have been handled at a much lower level within the military as it should have been because I was active duty at the time, and I would have taken my punishment the same way like a man.”

“I made a mistake when I was a young kid, it was a misguided attempt to have some mementos, and it should have never reached the level that it did.”

“It was a clear attempt by the Department of Justice under President Obama to use me as a scapegoat to take the heat off of Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information,” he added.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/10/trump-pardoned-sailor-criticizes-obama-hillary-doj/

Hijinx

Saucier was charged and jailed in October 2016 for taking photos onboard a nuclear submarine in 2009. He believes his case was an attempt by the Obama administration to “take the heat” off of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server at the State Department.

“It’s unfortunate that one prosecutor and a couple of FBI agents really just destroyed my life for no reason,” he told Hegseth. “This case could have been handled at a much lower level within the military as it should have been because I was active duty at the time, and I would have taken my punishment the same way like a man.”

“I made a mistake when I was a young kid, it was a misguided attempt to have some mementos, and it should have never reached the level that it did.”

“It was a clear attempt by the Department of Justice under President Obama to use me as a scapegoat to take the heat off of Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information,” he added.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/10/trump-pardoned-sailor-criticizes-obama-hillary-doj/

I don't know the reason for his being handled in this way, but I agree with him that it could have been handled in a much different way.
I am glad president Trump pardoned him.
Obama pardoned a group of hard core drug dealers and said they deserved a second chance.
Well: This man actually does deserve a second chance.

SamSpade

He's dreaming.

This reminds me of Mariah Carey's reason for why "Glitter" was a bomb - it opened on 9/11.
(In reality, wide release was two weeks later).
She would later win the Raspberry for worst actress, and the film holds a 7% on Rotten Tomatoes.