UniParty At Work – Paul Ryan SuperPac Campaigned to Elect Democrat Conor Lamb…

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As evidenced by Big League Politics the Paul Ryan SuperPAC sent a mailer to Pennsylvania CD-18 voters touting Lamb’s favorable position on gun ownership rights:

lamb-1.jpg

Now, there will be some who think this is just a bone-headed move by Paul Ryan because the Democrats already held a +50,000 registration advantage in the district and the SuperPAC didn’t know this mailer would actually end up supporting Lamb. However, as mentioned, there’s a history here that tells us “a mistake” is likely not the case.

The real motive, based on an honest review of history, is the professional UniParty apparatus knew that Democrat Conor Lamb needed a lift to offset the cross party voting that was reflected in the district voting (by over 20 points) for Donald Trump in 2016.

The DC Republican apparatus is quite comfortable losing their majority position so long as they are not forced to support Trump policies which are entirely against their financial interests. [How Mitch McConnell Crushed The Tea-Party]

Even before candidate Trump entered the 2016 presidential race, the agenda was visible for anyone who was willing to admit it. In 2014 the same Republican leadership paid Democrats to vote against the Republican primary winner of the Mississippi Senate race (Cochran -vs- McDaniel) simply because Mitch McConnell didn’t like the idea of having an actual Republican in the seat.

UniParty At Work – Paul Ryan SuperPac Campaigned to Elect Democrat Conor Lamb…

PsyOps

Pixelated
Last edited:

Hijinx

how many GOP groups campaigned against trump in the general?

like I said, they all got behind him. and that includes you despite the fact that he is a liberal gun grabber

You --------------especially you-----saying it doesn't change it.
The Republicans Ryan, McConnell, and other despise Trump and never worked to help elect him, and in fact worked against him as they are still doing.

Midnightrider

For one... the Bush's and their entire following was fervently anti-Trump. Word is, they all toss their principles out the window and voted for Hillary.

List of Republicans who opposed the Donald Trump presidential campaign, 2016
from the link: Some of the Republicans on this list started supporting Trump after he won the presidential election
like I said, give me the list of Rs who opposed him in the general

and from your second link: Trump received 90% of the GOP vote, while Clinton won 89% of Democratic voters.[2] Moreover, Trump was supported by 80% of Republican members of Congress in the general election

like I said, the GOP was behind trump. if you want to argue the semantics of my use of the word entire, knock yourself out.

PsyOps

Pixelated
from the link: Some of the Republicans on this list started supporting Trump after he won the presidential election

and from your second link: Trump received 90% of the GOP vote, while Clinton won 89% of Democratic voters.[2] Moreover, Trump was supported by 80% of Republican members of Congress in the general election

like I said, the GOP was behind trump. if you want to argue the semantics of my use of the word entire, knock yourself out.

You'll never admit you're wrong. I'm wasting my time. There was, and still is a 'Never Trump' movement that exists within the GOP. You ask for it and I provided it. :shrug:

This_person

You'll never admit you're wrong. I'm wasting my time. There was, and still is a 'Never Trump' movement that exists within the GOP. You ask for it and I provided it. :shrug:

The evolution of a position:
Meh, the entire GOP backed trump, a liberal, who claimed to support the 2ndA

like I said, they all got behind him. and that includes you despite the fact that he is a liberal gun grabber

From "the entire GOP" "in the general" election to "after he won", and "entire" doesn't matter.

It's much easier to shift positions than it is to make a coherent and cogent point. If you're MR.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You mean besides over half of Congress and a good percentage of Governors, including our own in Maryland?

Or maybe besides our last GOP POTUS and his POTUS daddy?

And yes, bebe, that was after the primary.

:kiss:

Hijinx

I don't want to argue semantics, you are wrong, that's all. End of discussion.